||The subject of this article was removed from World of Warcraft in patch 4.0.1.
- This includes items and quests that can no longer be obtained or are now deprecated.
- The in-game information in this article is kept purely for historical purposes and should probably not be under any other categories.
- Viper Sting
- 5 - 35 . yd range
- 8% of base mana
- 15 sec cooldown
- Instant cast
- Stings the target, draining 4% mana over 8 sec (up to a maximum of 8% of the caster's maximum mana), and energizing the Hunter equal to 300% of the amount drained. Only one Sting per Hunter can be active on any one target.
||Ranged Weapon equipped
||Efficiency, [Improved Stings], [Hawk Eye]
Viper Sting applies a poisonous sting that drain 4% mana over 8 sec (up to a maximum of 8% of the caster's maximum mana). Only one Sting per hunter can be active on any one target.
Viper Sting is a poison, and thus can be cleansed by druids, paladins, and shamans, as well as any mob that can cleanse poison. Rogues can dispel it with [Cloak of Shadows], and dwarves with [Stoneform].
Viper Sting is used against spell casters or any class with mana.
- [Efficiency] (Marksmanship Talent): Reduces the mana cost of your Shots and Stings by 2% per rank (5 ranks total).
- [Improved Stings] (Marksmanship Talent): Increases the mana drained by your Viper Sting by 6% per rank (5 ranks total).
- [Hawk Eye] (Survival Talent): Increases the range of your ranged weapon by 2 yards per rank (3 ranks total).
Tips and tactics
- When used with wound and deadly/mind numbing poison it's very annoying for a priest in PvP, especially if they're not specced holy.
- Patch 4.0.1 (2010-10-12): Removed.
- Patch 3.0.8 (2009-01-20): Now drains a percentage of maximum mana.
- Patch 1.6.0 (2005-07-12): Spells that drain mana will now properly report the amount of mana gained in the combat log.
- Patch 1.4.0 (2005-05-05): This spell can no longer be used on warrior and rogue targets. In addition, while it can be used on a druid target at any time it will only drain mana when the druid is in caster form.