X-53 Touring Rocket
|The subject of this article has been removed from World of Warcraft.
X-53 Touring Rocket is a special mount that players can earn only through the Recruit-A-Friend program. The X-53 is available to players who claimed their RAF reward between April 27, 2010 and July 15, 2012. It replaced the reward, and was itself replaced by the .
- The X-53 is one of only two flying mounts available in the game that allow for multiple passengers. This mount will also scale to match the speed of your fastest owned mount, up to 310% flight speed.
- The X-53 is likely based off the X-52 rocket located in Area 52, Netherstorm.
- Using this mount players who don't have cold weather flying can get the explorer achievement with some help from a friend.
- Summoning this mount triggers the global cooldown, unlike most other mounts.
- As of Patch 4.0.1 the rocket can now be ridden as a ground mount in no fly zones at 100% ground speed.
- The mount is mailed in-game to the character you select from Master Handler Sylvester. With the item is a unique letter written up as a shipping manifest:
FROM: B.O.O.M. Rocket Works
CONTENTS OF CRATE:
- One (1) X-53 Nether Rocket, Touring Model
- One (1) Rocket Ignition Key
- One (1) Rear-Mounted Ejector Seats
- Zero (0) Parachutes
- Despite what the letter says, a passenger who ejects in mid-air will get a parachute, like for all other two-person flying mounts.
- Hotfix (2012-07-15): "The previous reward mount, the X-53 Touring Rocket has now been retired from the Recruit-A-Friend program (but those who already earned the vintage rocket in the past will keep it going forward)."
- Patch 4.0.1 (2010-10-12): Can now be used as a ground mount in addition to being a flying mount.
- Hotfix (2010-04-27): "Time is running out for those who wish to claim their Zhevra, as the launch of the X-53 Touring Rocket is now scheduled for tomorrow, Tuesday, April 27! If you’ve fulfilled all of the Recruit-A-Friend requirements necessary to claim a mount now but choose not to claim the Zhevra, you will be able to claim the X-53 Touring Rocket instead once it launches. Sounds like they’re firing it up for a final test run now..."
- Patch 3.3.3 (2010-03-23): Added.