- Unstable Affliction
- Level 10 Affliction warlock ability
- 40 yd range
- 1.5% of base mana
- 1.5 sec cast
- Shadow energy slowly destroys the target, causing (X + 24% of spell power) damage over 14 sec.
If the Unstable Affliction is dispelled it will cause ((X + 24% of spell power) * 8) damage to the dispeller and silence them for 4 sec. This damage always critically strikes.
|| [Glyph of Unstable Affliction], [Glyph of Everlasting Affliction]
Unstable Affliction is an Affliction warlock ability that places a damage over time debuff on the target. If the debuff is dispelled, the dispeller will be dealt substantial damage and silenced for 4 seconds.
Tips and tactics
- This is a great spell for warlocks in arena. With all the curses a warlock has, a priest will be forced to dispel, which results in the direct damage.
- In PvE, this spell is just another DoT. Most raid bosses do not dispel, and therefore the damage and silence of effects of dispelling this spell are wasted.
- In PvP, it can help prevent your DoTs from being dispelled safely, as its secondary effects can cause significant damage to the dispeller.
- Patch 5.2.0 (2013-03-05): Unstable Affliction's Backlash effect is now always a critical hit and deals approximately 15% more damage.
- Patch 5.0.4 (2012-08-28): Now an Affliction specialization ability available at level 10. Duration reduced from 15 to 14 sec. No longer limited to one target.
- Patch 4.1.0 (2011-04-26):
- Unstable Affliction damage done when it is dispelled has been doubled, but this damage can no longer be critical.
- Damage dealt by Unstable Affliction when it is dispelled now properly benefits from [Shadow Mastery].
- Patch 3.2.0 (2009-08-04): [Immolate] and Unstable Affliction: All ranks of these two spells will now overwrite each other.
- Patch 3.0.2 (2008-10-14): Silence effect reduced to 3 seconds, down from 5.
- Patch 2.3.0 (2007-11-13): The silence from this ability is now subject to diminishing returns.