- Unleash Elements
- Level 81 shaman ability
- 40 yd range
- 8.2% of base mana
- 15 sec cooldown
- Instant cast
- Focuses the elemental force imbued in the Shaman's weaponry, with the concentrated effects depending on the enchantment unleashed.
See individual weapon imbue spell tooltips for details regarding the effects of unleashing each.
|| [Unleashed Fury]
Unleash Elements is a Shaman ability that has a different effect depending on what weapon imbue or imbues you have active. When used by an enhancement shaman wielding two weapons, it will unleash both weapon imbues.
- [Windfury Weapon] causes [Unleash Wind], which deals damage to your target and increases your attack speed for a short time.
- [Flametongue Weapon] causes [Unleash Flame], which deals fire damage and increases the damage done by your next [Lava Burst], [Flame Shock] or [Fire Nova] spell.
- [Earthliving Weapon] causes [Unleash Life], which heals your target and increases the effect of your next [Healing Wave], [Greater Healing Wave], [Healing Surge] or [Riptide] spell. When used with Riptide, the initial heal is increased by the full amount (20% untalented, 30% with talents) while the periodic healing is increased by half of that (10% untalented, 15% talented).
- [Frostbrand Weapon] causes [Unleash Frost], which deals frost damage and slows the target.
- [Rockbiter Weapon] causes [Unleash Earth], which taunts the target for 5 seconds, forcing it to attack you.
Unleash Elements does not remove or in any way affect your currently active weapon imbue(s); it merely checks what imbue(s) you have and has a different effect based on that. Trying to cast Unleash Elements when you do not have any active weapon imbue or when you do not have a weapon equipped will result in an error message.
Tips and tactics
- Unleash Life can be used to heal even when silenced. The heal itself is fairly weak, but it's better than nothing and will increase the effect of the first heal you cast after the silence wears off. Note that this only applies to "blanket silence" effects, and not counterspell effects that target a specific school (specifically the nature school).
- When healing, Unleash Life is generally an increase to your healing-per-mana but a decrease to your healing-per-second. It is not recommended that you use it emergencies, unless you can anticipate the damage and unleash your weapon in advance.
- With proper timing, Unleash Flame can be used to increase your burst damage when switching targets. For example, the Ragnaros encounter requires you to quickly kill a number of adds as they appear. Using Unleash Flame on Ragnaros just before the adds appear will let you cast a powered-up Lava Burst when the adds appear.