|Steam Vaults loading graphic|
|Location||Coilfang Reservoir, Zangarmarsh|
|End boss||Warlord Kalithresh|
|Associated faction||Cenarion Expedition|
|The Slave Pens (5)|
|The Underbog (5)|
|The Steamvault (5)|
|Serpentshrine Cavern (25)|
The Steamvault (also known as the Steam Vaults) is the level 70 wing of the Coilfang Reservoir. No key is required to enter. You must defeat the first and second bosses and operate the control panels behind them in order to enter the room with the final boss.
- Main article: Coilfang Reservoir
The Steam Vaults serves as the mechanical heart of Naga's draining operations in Zangarmarsh. The mechanisms on display within the massive cavern supply the power for the actual act of removing the marsh's water. As a result, the Steam Vaults is perhaps the most strategically important wing of the Coilfang Reservoir for adventurers looking to put a stop to Lady Vashj's efforts.
- Main article: The Steamvault walkthrough
- Main article: Steamvault loot
All mobs give Reputation to Cenarion Expedition through Exalted. Rep Given: Trash: 12, 2 (non-elite), Bosses: 120, Full clear 1,662 rep. (1,782 if you take the time to kill all of the slaves as well.) The fastest path through the instance nets ~1100 rep. In Heroic Mode, the fastest path gives roughly 1550 rep, and a full clear will give 2,559 rep.
- The instance can be soloed in normal mode at lvl 80. Heroic Mode can even be soloed by lvl 80 plate dps.
- If you are clearing it solo, and are stuck at the locked door - there is an access panel between each of the two bosses you killed - both have to be activated to open the door. (There is no key).
- See also: Removed Steamvault quests
- Patch 4.3.0 (2011-11-29): New quests added.
- Patch 4.2.0 (2011-06-28): removed.
- Patch 2.0.3 (2007-01-09): Added.