|Botanica loading graphic|
|Location||Tempest Keep, Netherstorm|
|Race(s)|| Blood elf
|End boss||Warp Splinter|
|The Mechanar (5)|
|The Botanica (5)|
|The Arcatraz (5)|
|The Eye (25)|
The Botanica is the second wing of the Tempest Keep instance located directly north of the main palace (The blue crystal building). This is also the location of Kael'thas' commander: Commander Sarannis.
- Main article: Tempest Keep
Since Kael'Thas and his blood elves seized Tempest Keep from the naaru they have had quite the time to investigate and find a usage for the technology in it. The Botanica appears to be the satellite chosen especially for this purpose. Here, blood elf scientists carry out experiments on the flora in Outland, how naaru technology can be used to create and manipulate living beings, and how all this can grant the blood elves new powers. It seems, however, that the results were not quite as expected, and thus some of the experiments have gotten out of control...
All of the bosses in the Botanica are optional; you can fairly easily reach without killing a single one of them. You will, however, still have to clear a majority of the trash, so this won't save an enormous amount of time.
- Main article: Botanica walkthrough
- Main article: Botanica loot
- The Botanica will yield reputation with the Sha'tar through Exalted. Rep Summary; Trash: 12, Mini-Boss: 90, Bosses: 120, Full Clear: ~2,000 rep, and Full Clear (heroic): ~3,000 rep. On heroic mode, you can get 5 badge of justice, as there are 5 bosses.
- Botanica is rich in Outland herbs. For example: a full clear with all herbs gathered on 4/3/2007 produced 1 , 4 , 7 , 5 , and 4 as bonus drops on herb nodes.
Patches and hotfixes
- Patch 4.3.0 (2011-11-29): New quests added.
- Patch 4.2.0 (2011-06-28): is no longer required for Heroic mode.
- Patch 2.0.3 (2007-01-09): Added.