Swipe (Cat Form)
- Hits all targets around druid and within melee range.
- This attack is the only offensive ability that does not generate or consume combo points.
- The damage has a chance to crit on more than one target.
Tips and Tactics
- Useful for farming multiple mobs that are a few levels lower than the caster and who will die quickly or to deal what can be some sizeable AOE damage to a group of PVP opponents.
- Use of this ability should be carefully weighed in certain situations, especially in instances or raids, since it uses most of the druids's energy and doesn't generate combo points. This is a very good way to use up an proc.
- Combine with and and a high crit chance to deal a very large amount of damage when in close quarters combat, especially useful in PvP.
- Patch 4.3.0 (2011-11-29): Has been reduced to 340% weapon damage, down from 415%.
- Patch 4.2.0 (2011-06-28): Now deals 600% weapon damage at level 80 or higher, down from 670%.
- Patch 4.1.0 (2011-04-26): Damage has been doubled.
- Patch 4.0.3a (2010-11-23): Can now be used even if the druid does not have a primary target selected.
- Patch 3.2.0 (2009-08-04): Percent of weapon damage done reduced from 260% to 250%.
- Patch 3.0.8 (2009-01-20): Added.