- Level 10 Restoration druid ability
- 40 yd range
- 8.5% of base mana
- 15 sec cooldown
- Instant cast
- Instantly heals a friendly target that has an active Rejuvenation or Regrowth effect for X.
In addition, restores Y health to the three most injured allies within 8 yards of the initial target every 1 sec for 7 sec.
||Regrowth or Rejuvenation on target
Swiftmend is the ability granted by specializing as a Restoration druid, and is an instant emergency heal that requires either [Regrowth] or [Rejuvenation] to be active on the target.
Tips and tactics
- Swiftmend is one of only two abilities (the other being [Nature's Swiftness]) available to a druid to deliver a quick heal on an ally, which makes it very useful. It can be used either to maintain a tank's HP when they are taking damage faster than your HoT can sustain him, or as last minute save when an ally takes sudden or unexpected damage.
- In PvP (particularly battlegrounds) this is a great way to save someone when Nature's Swiftness is not ready or you don't wish to expend it. Casting Rejuvenate immediately followed by Swiftmend will often heal enough to buy time to stack HoTs on the target.
- As it is instant, Swiftmend can be cast while moving. As Rejuvenation is also instant, that means you can deliver significant amounts of healing without having to stop. This is great for both escaping from monsters and in PvP, such as for flag running in Warsong Gulch.
- During fights that tend towards spike damage it may be worthwhile to keep a HoT on individuals who do not need the healing, so that Swiftmend can be cast instantly if they suddenly sustain substantial damage.
- Patch 5.3.0 (2013-05-21): Area-of-effect component now heals injured allies within 10 yards, up from 8 yards.
- Patch 5.0.4 (2012-08-28): No longer consumes Rejuvenation or Regrowth. Now also heals the three most injured allies within 8 yards of the initial target every 1 sec for 7 sec.
- Patch 4.0.1 (2010-10-12): Changed from selectable talent to a specialization perk. Heals for a fixed amount rather than based on the HoT it consumes
- Patch 1.11.0 (2006-06-20): This new talent has been added to the Druid Restoration tree, replacing Innervate as the 31 point ultimate talent. It consumes a Rejuvenation or Regrowth aura to produce an instant heal.