- For succubus lore, see Succubus.
The Succubus is the third demonic minion available to the warlock, summoned through the [Summon Succubus] ability, available at level 20.
The succubus deals melee range physical and shadow damage with her whip, can cast [Lesser Invisibility] on herself, and most iconically of all uses [Seduction] to crowd-control humanoid targets.
The succubus can deal more damage than an Imp and can continue to attack if she runs out of mana, but cannot take as much damage as a Voidwalker. The Succubus also cannot hold aggro as well as the Voidwalker. Her armor would be rated as "Medium" compared to the Voidwalker.
The succubus possesses several abilities in addition to her melee attack:
| Avoidance (Passive)
||Reduces the damage your summoned demon takes from non-player area of effect attacks by an additional 90%.
| [Lash of Pain]
||An instant attack that lashes the target, causing X Shadow damage.
||Seduces the target, preventing all actions for up to 15 sec. Any damage caused will remove the effect. Only works against Humanoids.
| [Lesser Invisibility]
||Gives the Succubus Lesser Invisibility for up to 5 min. This spell can only be used out of combat.
||Deals X shadow damage and instantly knocks back all enemies within 5 yards.
- The succubus is particularly useful on enemies of a lower level than the warlock due to her higher damage output than the voidwalker.
- Because of her Seduction power, the succubus is a very useful pet for a warlock in most PvP situations. Her Lesser Invisibility power is also very useful; opponents will underestimate a warlock whom they believe not to have a pet out.
- Her [Seduction] power is channeled, which means she is out of the fight for as long as her seduced target is.
- Succubi have a rather notorious idle animation set. She will either pose, admire her nails, or on occasion spank her butt and let out an erotic squealed "Oooooh!".
- The unique swimming animation for a succubus is, perhaps non-surprisingly, a form of breastroke.
- When you make /flirt or /kiss emote Succubi will love you. This effect has a cooldown and is not reflected in the combat log but will disrupt invisibility until it can be recast.
- Voiceovers when summoned:
- "Now what?!"
- "Couldn't resist, could you?"
- "Hmmm, you're in trouble now."
- "Don't touch what you can't afford."
- Voiceovers when ordered to attack:
- "Let's have some fun."
- "Being bad never felt so good."
- "Let's get this party started."
- "Now you're talking."
- Voiceovers when ordered to cast a spell:
- "Quid Pro Quo."
- "As the master wishes."
- "You got it."
- "Say please."
- Voiceovers when dismissed:
- "Next time I'll be the master."
- "Don't do anything I wouldn't do."
- "Try not to miss me too much."
- "I hope it was good for you."
- "First we'll start with a little fire. Am I bugging you, I'm not touching you, am I bugging you, I'm not touching you. There - now you're hot AND bothered."
- Patch 1.7.0 (2005-09-22):
- Succubus pets will be smarter about when to use Seduction.
- Succubus pets can now autocast Lesser Invisibility.