- Level 26 Enhancement shaman ability
- Melee range
- 9.4% of base mana
- 8 sec cooldown
- Instant cast
- Requires Melee Weapon
- Instantly strike an enemy with both weapons, dealing 450% weapon damage and granting you an additional 25% chance to critically strike that enemy with your Lightning Bolt, Chain Lightning, Lightning Shield, and Earth Shock spells for 15 sec.
|| [Static Shock], [Conductivity], [Ascendance]
Stormstrike is an instant Enhancement shaman attack that strikes an enemy with all equipped weapons, dealing 450% weapon damage and applying a 15-second debuff that increases the critical strike chance of Lightning Bolt, Chain Lightning, Earth Shock and Lightning Shield spells against the target by 25%.
This section is flagged for a fact check!
When you cast this spell, you immediately launch a melee attack against the currently targeted opponent, which has a normal chance to hit, and is subject to normal combat procs like Windfury. (Dual wielding shamans strike with both weapons simultaneously as the description above states, although a shaman does not need to dual wield in order for Stormstrike to be useful to them.) If you are in between swings of your weapon and hit your target with Stormstrike, it will not count as another normal swing or disrupt the timing of your attacks. For example, if you take 3 seconds between weapon swings and use Stormstrike 1 second after you have struck your target with a normal swing, you will only have to wait 2 more seconds before taking another normal swing. If you hit the target with Stormstrike right before you were timed to land a normal melee hit, you will launch the normal melee attack right after the Stormstrike instead of having to wait another few seconds before swinging again. In this way, it is similar in certain ways to the Windfury proc in that it allows the shaman to hit their target twice in a short span of time. The target also acquires a Stormstrike debuff, which lasts 15 seconds.
Tips and tactics
- Stormstrike is not considered a spell, meaning you can still use it even while silenced.
- [Earth Shock] is the most used shock in Enhancement Shaman's arsenal. [Lightning Shield], in most cases triggered by [Static Shock], can critically hit. [Lightning Bolt] and [Chain Lightning] are used mainly after gaining five charges of [Maelstrom Weapon].
- Because Stormstrike and Windfury deal damage based on the damage range of the equipped weapons regardless of their speed, an enhancement shaman should have always have the slowest possible weapons equipped. This became even more important in patch 3.1.0, as [Flametongue Weapon] no longer favors fast weapons in any way.
- Stormstrike is meant to replace [Primal Strike] for Enhancement shaman upon reaching level 26.
- Patch 5.3.0 (2013-05-21): Now deals 450% weapon damage, up from 375%.
- Patch 4.0.1 (2010-10-12): Debuff changed from increasing Nature damage taken to increase chance to be critically hit with chosen abilities. Debuff duration increased from 12 to 15 seconds. Removed charges limit. Now deals 125% weapon damage. No longer regenerates mana through [Improved Stormstrike].
- Hotfix (2009-04-17): " [Totem of the Dancing Flame] should no longer cause a target affected by Stormstrike to take additional damage."
- Patch 3.1.0 (2009-04-14): Charges have been increased by 2, and cooldown reduced by 2 sec.
- Uses the same animation as [Mutilate]
- Patch 2.0.1 (2006-12-05): With the advent of Dual Wielding, Stormstrike was changed to instantly attack with all equipped weapons.
- Patch 1.11 (2006-06-20): Prior to patch 1.11, Stormstrike cost 30% of base mana and only reset the swing timer, so that it was only useful as an opener or just after a regular swing. It now acts as described, causing an instant, extra attack.