- "Stone does not bleed, tremble, sicken, or quaver."
Stoneform (also known as or similar to stone flesh, stoneskin or avatar) is a dwarven racial ability that has many effects without a downside. It reduces damage taken, so handy for melee attacking and tanking. It also rids you of all poisons, diseases, and bleeding.
The Titans crafted the dwarves from stone to assist them in creating the Azeroth of today. Since this discovery, the Ironforge dwarves zealously search for any sign of their ancestors or the Titans. This newfound knowledge also unlocked enchanted energies of their heritage, enabling Ironforge dwarves to perform spectacular feats. The dwarves have rediscovered the power to return to their original forms, and turning skin to stone. They firmly believe that other powers are waiting to awaken within them; all they need is the key.
Removes all rogue poisons such as , , , , etc. Also removes the rogue's as well as .
Removes all Death Knight diseases, such as , and Ebon Plague.
Tips and tactics
- Stoneform is incredible against rogues, and effective for any class. With this skill, even warrior, hunter or rogue dwarves can dispel some of their debuffs, so it's a plus for soloing, especially when you are inflicted by Diseases that tend to last for 5 to 30 minutes.
- Since it removes bleeding efects it is very useful during some raid encounters where you take heavy bleeding damage and you would otherwise die. Example: Moroes in Karazhan.
- Patch 4.0.6 (2011-02-08): Now reduces all damage taken by 10%, rather than increasing armor by 10%. It also increases the dwarf's size when used.
- Patch 3.1.0 (2009-04-14): Stoneform no longer makes the user immune to poison, disease and bleed effects. Instead these effects will be cleared when cast. Cooldown reduced to 2 minutes from 3.
- Patch 2.2.0 (2007-09-25): is now a physical ability and cannot be removed with Stoneform.
- Patch 1.6.0 (2005-07-12): Can now be used to cancel self-inflicted poison effects.
- ^ TCG Through the Dark Portal, 132
- ^ Arthaus. World of Warcraft: The Roleplaying Game, 35. ISBN 9781588467812.
- ^ Metzen, Chris; Bob Fitch, Luke Johnson, Seth Johnson, Mur Lafferty, James Maliszewski. Alliance & Horde Compendium, 31. ISBN 9781588460639.
- ^ Arthaus. Warcraft: The Roleplaying Game, 40. ISBN 9781588460714.
- ^ Blizzard Entertainment. Monster Guide, 250. ISBN 9781588469366.