Smite is the first priest spell, known by all priests from level 1.
- (Discipline and Holy): Increases your chance to hit with Smite by 15%.
- (Discipline and Holy): Potentially increases Smite's damage by 20% and reduce its cost by 30%.
- (Discipline): Heals a nearby low health friendly target for 100% of the damage caused by Smite.
- (Holy): Increase Smite's damage by 10%, reduces its mana cost by 75% and gives it a 10% chance to refresh the cooldown on .
Tips and tactics
- Smite is the staple damage spell for Holy and Discipline priests used to fill space in the rotation while other more powerful attacks are on cooldown.
- Thanks to , Discipline priests can use Smite to heal their allies, making it a key ability for many end-game priests.
- Because Smite is a Holy spell, it is unaffected by player resistances, offering reliable damage against all players.
- Smite benefits from 85.6% of the priest's spell power.
- With the three-piece-bonus from the Priest's Zul'Gurub set, Smite's range can be increased to 42 yds.
- helps Smite inflict an additional 20% damage against targets afflicted by .
In the TCG.
- Previously known as "Holy Smite". However, this was changed in Patch 0.12.