- For the pre-Mists of Pandaria instances, see Scarlet Monastery Graveyard, Scarlet Monastery Library, Scarlet Monastery Armory, and Scarlet Monastery Cathedral.
The Scarlet Monastery is one of the last strongholds in the world belonging to the fanatical Scarlet Crusade. The Scarlet Bastion within the ruins of Stratholme, the town of Hearthglen, the town of Tyr's Hand and the Scarlet Enclave all fell during the last years. Located in the northeast corner of the blighted Tirisfal Glades, the Scarlet Monastery was once a cathedral to the Light, taken over by zealots.
The Scarlet Monastery is a complex of two instanced dungeons, Scarlet Halls and Scarlet Monastery. Heroic mode is available for both wings at level 90.
||This article or section is a lore stub. You can help expand it by editing it.
- You might want to work with the other users of Wowpedia in expanding it.
From Blizzard's Official World Dungeons site:
- The Monastery was once a proud bastion of Lordaeron's priesthood - a center for learning and enlightenment. With the rise of the undead Scourge during the Third War, the peaceful Monastery was converted into a stronghold of the fanatical Scarlet Crusade. The Crusaders are intolerant of all non-human races, regardless of alliance or affiliation. They believe that any and all outsiders are potential carriers of the undead plague - and must be destroyed. Reports indicate that adventurers who enter the monastery are forced to contend with Scarlet Commander Mograine - who commands a large garrison of fanatically devoted warriors. However, the monastery's true master is High Inquisitor Whitemane - a fearsome priestess who possesses the ability to resurrect fallen warriors to do battle in her name.
This section concerns content exclusive to the World of Warcraft comics.
This section concerns content exclusive to the World of Warcraft manga.
Compendium of Fallen Heroes
This section concerns content exclusive to Cataclysm.
The Alliance helped the Scarlet Renegades, a small faction of rebel Crusaders who aimed to take over the monastery. They were led by their increasingly unhinged champion, Joseph the Insane. The Horde assisted a contingent of Forsaken troops and abominations, led by Dark Ranger Velonara in annexing the Monastery for good. Neither side was ultimately successful, and the Monastery remained firmly under the control of the Scarlet Crusade.
Mists of Pandaria
This section concerns content exclusive to Mists of Pandaria.
Despite heavy losses across all fronts, the Scarlet Crusade has survived within the Scarlet Monastery. Here, the remaining crusaders prepare to continue their battle against the undead and those they judge guilty of carrying the taint of undeath. However, a mysterious Hooded Crusader seems intent on taking them down from the inside.
Scarlet Monastery location on the map of Tirisfal Glades.
- Main article: Scarlet Monastery loot
- Main article: Scarlet Halls loot
Patches and hotfixes