|Ring of Frost
- Ring of Frost
- Level 45 mage talent
- 30 yd range
- 2% of base mana
- 45 sec cooldown
- 2 sec cast
- Summons a Ring of Frost at the target location. Enemies entering the ring will become frozen for 10 sec. Lasts 10 sec. 10 yd radius. Limit 10 targets.
Ring of Frost is a talented mage ability, available at level 45. The mage conjures a big circle that will freeze any enemy or attackable mobs in the circle.
- Patch 5.2.0 (2013-03-05): Ring of Frost cast instantly through [Presence of Mind] now has a 2-second arming period before the Freeze effect is activated against targets in the area of effect. The 2-second arming period can be reduced by Haste.
- Patch 5.1.0 (2012-11-27): Now has a 45 second cooldown, up from 30 seconds, and can no longer affect more than 10 targets.
- Patch 5.0.4 (2012-08-28): Now a talent, has a 2 sec cast time, and causes targets to instantly become frozen. Cooldown reduced from 2 min to 30 sec, and duration reduced from 12 to 10 sec.
- Patch 4.2.0 (2011-06-28): [Deep Freeze] and Ring of Frost will cause diminishing returns on each other, in addition to the spells they normally share diminishing returns with.
- Patch 4.2.0 (2011-06-28): Ring of Frost now has a 1.5 second cast time.
- Patch 4.0.6 (2011-02-08): Radius shrunk to 8 yards, and inner "safe" radius is now 4.7 yards (exactly matching graphic). Dispelling the effect of Ring of Frost will now make the target immune to being refrozen for 3 seconds. If a second Ring of Frost is cast by the same mage while the first is still active (via [Cold Snap]), the first will now disappear and cease functioning. In addition, Ring of Frost now has a PvP duration of 8 seconds.
- Patch 4.0.1 (2010-10-12): Added.