- Level 40 Restoration shaman ability
- While Water Shield is active, you recover mana when your direct healing spells have a critical effect. You regain X mana from a Healing Wave or Greater Healing Wave critical, X * 0.6 mana from a Healing Surge, Riptide, or Unleash Life critical, and X * 0.333 mana from a Chain Heal critical.
|| [Water Shield]
Resurgence is a passive specialization ability for Restoration shamans, available at level 40. It grants the shaman mana on each critical [Healing Surge], [Greater Healing Wave], [Healing Wave], [Chain Heal] or [Riptide] while [Water Shield] is active.
The talent requires [Water Shield] to be active on you to work. If you do not have Water Shield up when you crit, you will not gain any mana.
- Patch 4.2.0 (2011-06-28): Improved Water Shield has been redesigned and renamed Resurgence. When Water Shield is active, Resurgence causes critical direct heals to restore mana (Resurgence rank 2 is roughly equal to 150% of the old Improved Water Shield value when a [Healing Wave] or [Greater Healing Wave] critically hits, and scaled down accordingly for faster or multi-target spells).
- Patch 4.0.1 (2010-10-12): Reduced from 3 to 2 ranks. 30/60% chance added to Healing Surge, replacing Lesser Healing Wave.
- Patch 3.2.0 (2009-08-04): This talent now has a 10/20/30% chance to be triggered by Chain Heal, and the charges of Water Shield are no longer consumed by this talent.
- Patch 3.0.8 (2009-01-20): Lesser Healing Wave now has a reduced chance to trigger this talent.
- Patch 3.0.2 (2008-10-14): Added.