- For the beast, see The Rake. For the pet ability, see [Rake]. For the Pet Battle ability, see [Rake].
- Level 6 druid ability
- Melee range
- 35 Energy
- Instant cast
- Requires Cat Form
- Rake the target for X Bleed damage and an additional (X * 5) Bleed damage over 15 sec. Awards 1 combo point.
|| [Glyph of Pounce]
- No one wants to become a druid's scratching post.
Rake is a basic direct damage melee attack with a damage over time component. The initial damage can critically strike. It is an effective damage technique against high armor enemies (Mail and Plate wearers), as well as preventing rogues from using [Vanish].
Rake is learned at level 6.
- Patch 5.0.4 (2012-08-28): Bleed duration increased from 9 to 15 sec.
- Patch 4.2.0 (2011-06-28): Initial damage on hit now deals the same damage as each periodic tick (and is treated the same for all combat calculations). Periodic damage now gains 14.7% of attack power per tick, up from 12.6%, and base damage per tick has been lowered from 557 to 56. There is a known issue with Rake's tooltip being incorrect from this change will be corrected in a future patch.
- Patch 4.0.6 (2011-02-08): Now scales from 2.07% of Attack Power, down from 2.3%. Additional bleed damage now scales from 37.8% of Attack Power, down from 42%, base damage reduced by 10%, from 1859 to 1672.
- Patch 3.2.0 (2009-08-04): Ranks 6 and 7 base points on initial and periodic damage reduced by about 7%. Scaling from attack power unchanged.
- Patch 3.0.2 (2008-10-14): The damage for this ability has been increased.
- The initial damage was increased, the bleed effect multiplier increased from 0.06 to 0.18, and gained additional damage.
- Patch 2.0.1 (2006-12-05): The initial damage is no longer mitigated by armor.
- Patch 1.7.0 (2005-09-22): Damage has been increased.