|This article or section is a strategy stub. You can help expand it by editing it.
|Title||<Fallen Keeper of Storms>|
|Race||Titanic watcher (Giant)|
|Location||Throne of Thunder|
Lei Shen's life changed forever when he stumbled into a dark chamber below what are now the Mogu'shan Vaults. Legend has it he found an ancient titan keeper guarding a miraculous device known as the Engine of Nalak'sha. No one knows what transpired between the two beings, but Lei Shen later emerged from the site bristling with the power to forge an empire. The keeper's fate -- and his current whereabouts -- remain a mystery.
This is the "Algalon" of the zone; a bonus boss for the high-end raiders who have finished the main zone progression. Lei Shen is the true final boss of the zone, and we wanted to make sure that he still feels that way—unlike Sinestra in Bastion of Twilight, there's some backtracking involved to reach Ra-den after he's unlocked. The mechanics of the fight are deliberately obscured in the Dungeon Journal for now, so I won't say much more. The primary purpose of the Dungeon Journal is to provide an in-game resource to players who are trying to learn an encounter, instead of making them feel like they have to Alt-Tab out to read an online guide. In Ra-den's case, we know that those of you who face him at first are also the same people who often write those online guides, so hopefully you’ll enjoy a sense of discovery when you first reach him.
Spells and abilities
Shrouded in Mystery
There are no scholars with any recollection or record regarding the details of Ra-den's powers. Perhaps these memories have been obscured by the passage of time, or perhaps none who saw the Keeper of Storms in battle ever lived to speak of what they witnessed...
- For millennia I have waited in darkness, in silence pierced only by the shrieks of the tormented, my dreams a waking nightmare.
- I see the naive hope in your eyes... You think you are my saviors? Wring that mocking pity from your hearts and focus it inwards, for you shall soon know my agony.
- This twisted world is beyond redemption... beyond the reach of deluded heroes... The only answer to corruption... is destruction. And that begins now.
- When I am finished with you, I shall not rest until this world is cleansed. Now, perish!
- Murderous Strike
- Feel your own life essence betray you!
- Materials of Creation
- The touch of creation... and destruction.
- Unstable Vita
- Ah, the familiar embrace of the storms...
- Unstable Anima
- This is but a taste of my power.
- Phase 2
- You still think victory possible? Ha! Fools!
- Killing a player
- Accept the inevitable.
- Amusing. You really thought you could win.
- You are the best this world has to offer? No wonder it has fallen to ruin.
- Wait! I am... I am not your enemy. You are powerful, more powerful than he was, even... perhaps you are right. Perhaps there is still hope.
- But there is a yawning chasm of darkness beneath you mortals, vast, endless, and all consuming. I do not believe that you can correct this doomed course.
- But you have earned the right to try. Farewell.
Patches and hotfixes
- Hotfix (2013-04-18): "Fixed an issue where it was possible to have 2 instances of Unstable Vita active during the Ra-den encounter."
- Hotfix (2013-04-08): "
- Fixed an issue that could prevent Ra-den from absorbing Essences of Anima/Vita as intended.
- Engaging Ra-den now resets the cooldown on Reincarnation for Shamans."
- Patch 5.2.0 (2013-03-05): Added.
- Ra-Den didn't work out completely as envisioned. The sense of mystery associated with a boss that no one knows anything about is nice, making the content a bonus prize for defeating Lei Shen. It was hard to balance and test without the regular player testing, which resulted in clever use of game mechanics to defeat Ra-Den. Normally hotfixes would have been used to solve the problem, but limited attempts made it a more complicated situation.