- Psychic Horror
- Level 74 priest ability
- 30 yd range
- All Shadow Orbs
- 45 sec cooldown
- Instant cast
- Consumes all Shadow Orbs to terrify the target, causing them to tremble in horror for 1 sec plus 1 sec per Shadow Orb consumed and to drop their weapons and shield for 8 sec.
Psychic Horror is a Shadow priest ability, available at level 74. Psychic Horror consumes all available [Shadow Orbs] to horrify the target (similar to a stun) for 2–4 seconds, and disarms them for 8 seconds, making it a great tool to use against melee targets.
- Psychic Horror's horrify effect lasts for 2–4 seconds, depending on the number of Shadow Orbs consumed. However its disarm effect has a fixed duration of 8 seconds. When used against melee targets, priests may therefore choose to use Psychic Horror when they only have 1 Orb available, in order to keep their opponent disarmed as much of the time as possible, and saving the rest of their Orbs for use with [Devouring Plague] (which has no cooldown).
- Psychic Horror is very useful against melee classes and hunters, as its 8-second disarm effect will not only greatly reduce damage but also entirely prevent them from using many of their abilities.
- Targets that are immune to Psychic Horror's horrify effect are still subject to its disarm effect. This makes it an effective way of disarming warriors using [Bladestorm]; the disarm will also cancel the Bladestorm. However, targets with less specific immunities (such as [Divine Shield]) will not suffer the disarm effect.
- Patch 5.1.0 (2012-11-27): The durations of all disarm effects have been reduced to 8 seconds.
- Patch 4.2.0 (2011-06-28): Psychic Horror no longer has a forward facing requirement, making it consistent with other non-projectile-based crowd control spells.
- Patch 3.2.0 (2009-08-04): This spell no longer has an invisible missile, so there is no travel time before the spell takes effect.
- Hotfix (2009-04-21): "Psychic Horror will now properly disarm targets at all ranges."
- Hotfix (2009-04-16): "The disarm effect from Psychic Horror should no longer be able to be dodged."
- Patch 3.1.0 (2009-04-14): Has been redesigned and is now a 1-pt talent. You terrify the target, causing them to tremble in horror for 3 sec. and drop all weapons (disarm effect: including bows) for 10 sec. 1 minute cooldown. Instant cast. The horror effect can be dispelled, but the disarm cannot.
- Patch 3.0.2 (2008-10-14): Added.