|This article or section is a strategy stub. You can help expand it by editing it.
- Not to be confused with Progenitus.
|Location||Throne of Thunder|
Primordius is the eighth boss encounter in the Throne of Thunder.
Deep within the bowels of Lei Shen's island citadel, mogu flesh-shapers formed the saurok out of a magical substance of unknown origin. When the citadel was abandoned, some experiments languished in the dark pools for far too long...
The fact that the mogu created the saurok (among other creatures native to Pandaria) is something that may not have been obvious to players who were exploring the continent and learning about its inhabitants. This encounter provided us with a chance to "show, not tell" this piece of Pandaria's history. The actual mechanics of the fight evolved from discussion and brainstorming around the themes of evolution and mutation; a few of us had also recently watched the movie Prometheus, and the vaults of black goo in that movie helped inspire the overall vibe of Primordius’ lair.
Spells and abilities
- Primordial Strike — Primordius claws at his current target, inflicting 700,000 Physical damage to all players in a 7-yard cone.
- Malformed Blood — The heavily-mutated blood within Primordius spreads to his current target, inflicting 10,000 Nature damage every 3 sec and causing the afflicted player's attacks to Congeal Blood, inflicting 20,000 additional Nature damage to Living Fluids and Viscous Horrors. This effect lasts 60 sec and stacks.
- Evolution - When Primordius is mutated by enough Living Fluids and Mutagenic Pools, he evolves. Evolution increases all damage dealt by Primordius by 10% and grants him a new mutaiton. This effect stacks. Primordius can only have 3 mutations at any time. In Heroic Difficulty, Primordius can have 4 mutations.
- Mutation: Ventral Sacs - Sacs located around Primordius's frill will periodically erupt, inflicting 20,000 Nature damage to all players every 1 sec.
- Mutation: Gas Bladder - A volatile mutation that allows Primordius to spray Caustic Gas, inflicting 4,050,000 Nature damage split evenly between all players within a 18-yard cone.
- Mutation: Acidic Spines - Primordius fires Acidic Spines every 5 sec, inflicting 150,000 Nature damage to all players within 5 yards of the targets.
- Mutation: Pathogen Glands - Allows Primordius to spray a Volatile Pathogen at a player, inflicting 60,000 Nature damage to an enemy player every 1 sec and summoning a Living Fluid.
- Mutation: Metabolic Boost - A hyperactive metabolism allows Primordius to use abilities more often and increases attack speed by 50%.
- Mutation: Erupting Pustules - Pustules erupt every 5 sec, showering the area with corrosive blood that inflicts 300,000 Nature damage within 3 yards of the impact.
- Living Fluid - Living fluid seeps from the pools surrounding Primordius's lair and slowly make their way to Primordius.
- Mutate Primordius - If a Living Fluid reaches Primordius, it is absorbed, increasing Primordius's current mutation level.
- Mutagenic Pool - When a Living Fluid dies, it leaves behind a Mutagenic Pool that can mutate Primordius or players.
- Mutate Primordius - When Primordius steps on a Mutagenic Pool, it is absorbed, increasing Primordius's current mutation level.
- Mutate Player — When player steps on a Mutagenic Pool, it is absorbed, inflicting 200,000 Nature damage and causing a mutation. Each helpful mutation recieved by a player increases the chance that the next mutation will be harmful by 10%. If a mutated player is dispelled, all mutations are removed.
- Helpful Mutation: Thick Bones - The player's bones become thick and powerful, increasing all stats by 10%. This effect can stack up to 10 times.
- Harmful Mutation: Fragile Bones - The player's bones become thin and brittle, reducing all stats by 10%. This effect can stack up to 10 times.
- Helpful Mutation: Clear Mind - The player's mind becomes clear and focused, increasing Mastery by 10%. This effect can stack up to 10 times.
- Harmful Mutation: Clouded Mind - The player's mind becomes clouded and unfocused, reducing Mastery by 10%. This effect can stack up to 10 times.
- Helpful Mutation: Improved Synapses - The player's neural synapses fire more quickly, increasing Haste by 10%. This effect can stack up to 10 times.
- Harmful Mutation: Dulled Synapses - The player's neural synapses fire more slowly, reducing Haste by 10%. This effect can stack up to 10 times.
- Helpful Mutation: Keen Eyesight - The player's eyesight becomes exceptionally keen, increasing Critical Strike chance by 10%. This effect can stack up to 10 times.
- Harmful Mutation: Impaired Eyesight - The player's eyesight becomes exceptionally poor, reducing Critical Strike chance by 10%. This effect can stack up to 10 times.
- Viscous Horror — A heavily-mutated creature made of the same fluid that spawned Primordius.
- Black Blood — The Viscous Horror spreads its mutated blood to its current target, inflicting 20,000 Nature damage every 3 sec and causing the afflicted player's attacks to coat the enemy in Black Blood, inflicting 20,000 additional Nature damage to Primordius. This effect lasts 60 sec and stacks.
- Deadly Mutagen — If a Viscous Horror gets close to Primordius, the mixture of mutative energies will cause it to explode, inflicting 999,998 Nature damage to all players.
- So cold, so dark...
- We will not be forgotten, no, no, no...
- We are the perfect one, yes, yes, not a failure, no, no, not a failure...
- What is this? What do they want? To punish us? No, no...
- Your flesh, yes yes, so perfect, GIVE IT TO US!
- No, no, no! The pain returns!
- It tears at us from the inside!
- Killing a player
- Who is perfect now? Yes, yes...
- Again... we are torn apart... Again... to the cold darkness...
- TheDDGuides → How to "TANK" Primordius
- TheDDGuides → How to "DPS" Primordius
- TheDDGuides → How to "HEAL" Primordius
- TheDDGuides → Heroic Primordius Strategy Guide
- Primordius Live Servers (1080p) - Mage, Boss voice, Vent
Ventral Sacs, Pathogen Glands, and Metabolic Boost are all Zerg upgrades in StarCraft 2.
Patches and hotfixes
- Hotfix (2013-04-16): "
- Fixed an issue that could cause Fully Mutated players to deal excessive damage to Living Fluids or Viscous Horrors that are under the effects of a Warlock's Immolate.
- Reduced the health of Primordius by 11% in 10-player and 25-player Heroic difficulty.
- Reduced the health of Viscous Horrors by 15% in 10-player and 25-player Heroic difficulty."
- Hotfix (2013-04-10): "Reduced the health of Primordius slightly in 10-player and 25-player Heroic difficulty."
- Hotfix (2013-04-09): "Mutated Abomination effect once again reduces his damage taken from non-Fully Mutated players by 75% on 10-player and 25-player Heroic difficulty only."
- Hotfix (2013-04-08): "During the Primordius encounter, spells which dispel a single harmful effect (Sear Magic, Singe Magic, or Mass Dispel) will no longer work if any of the positive effects are active on the target (Improved Synapses, Keen Eyesight, Thick Bones, Clear Mind, or Fully Mutated)."
- Patch 5.2.0 (2013-03-05): Added.