Patch 5.1.0 (undocumented changes)
|Patch 5.1.0 (undocumented changes)|
|Release date (US)||2012-11-27|
|Interface .toc||50100 (Changes)|
|Highlights & notes|
|← Previous||Next →|
|Patches • Patch mirrors • Patches category|
- now increases your maximum mana by 15%, and your energy regen by 15%.
- Walking through a or Chi Sphere has a new sound effect, resembling drinking.
- now travels the same distance whether or not the character is in walk or run mode. (Previously, it only traveled a short distance in walk mode.)
- is no longer on the global cooldown.
Dungeons and raids
- The Horde version of the Theramore's Fall scenario received minor changes, including the removal of half of the "mini-boss" enemies on the boats, the additional stage 1 requirement of killing the remaining three and the removal of the two enemies guarding Thalen Songweaver
- , and now restore 120,000 health, up from 60,000.
- The item level of Zen Alchemist's Stone has been increased from 450 to 458, and its numbers adjusted accordingly.
- has a new icon.
- now has a unique texture, no longer using the .
- stack size increased from 10 to 20.
- Grand Commendations: The Tillers version does not raise individual NPC rep. Note that it can be purchased more than once, but only gives the effect once. There is currently no way to tell if you've already bought and used the item aside from doing a daily and see if you get the increased rep.
- has a new icon.
- 's item buff that previously had same name as item itself is now called Inner Brilliance.
- is no longer flagged as unique.
- and have a new icon.
- now has a duration of 20 min, down from 1 hour. Also now requires only one (down from three). Cooldown still remains 1 hour. All already in existence have been converted to .
- Spell Penetration has been removed on items that did not receive PvP Power in the Patch 5.0.4 conversion. This consists mostly of Level 60 Raid items.
- Weapon enchants now show on .
- Cloaks awarded via guild reputation can now be used for transmogrification.
- Cenarion Raiment (Druid tier 1) 3-piece set bonus now increases Intellect by 10. Previously increased dealt by Thorns increased by 4 and duration by 50%. (Thorns has been removed from the game).
- Arcanist Regalia (Mage tier 1) 5-piece set bonus now reduces casting or channeling time lost when damaged by 5%. Previously increased spell penetration, an obsolete stat.
- is now fully account bound and will be shared across both factions.
- and have had their "Trow" typo fixed to 'Throw'.
- no longer has a blue socket.
- now has haste to replace the depreciated Spell Penetration stat.
- Various mobs are no longer skinnable.
- Imperial Silk (spell) has a new icon and now creates .
- Dungeon Finder, Raid Finder and Battleground groups now feature a new "Instance" chat channel (/i) separate from the Party chat. Using /p or /raid to switch channel will be redirected to the Instance channel, unless you were already in a pre-formed party or raid group when you queued. Using /bg will likewise be redirected to the Instance channel.
- When you are in two separate groups (e.g. Party and Dungeon), an icon will be displayed over your character's unit frame.
- Item tooltip changes:
- Item level is now displayed in orange under the item name, rather than in white after stats.
- Enchant descriptions now have the word "Enchanted:" displayed before them.
- Stats added by Reforging now display the stat that they were reforged from.
- Secondary stats are now displayed in the same format as primary stats, e.g. "+405 Mastery" instead of "Equip: increases your mastery by 405".
- Mobs tapped by others now have a dark blue health bar in name plate.
- Trivial mobs (the ones which have much less health points than normal ones in this area) now have a much smaller name plate.
- The Friendship reputation level of Best Friend now has no additional points, down from 999.
- The Friendship reputation bar displayed in dialogue windows now displays progress for the current reputation level, as opposed to the entire reputation progress.
- The background of Character Pane now shows again.
- Queuing a Raid Finder raid no longer says how many bosses have been killed (like the Dungeon Finder).
- Chat bubbles are smaller now.
- Dismounting mid-air from a flying mount now causes your player to be propelled in the same direction at a roughly matching speed, rather than simply falling downwards (unless the mount is stationary). However, the mechanism is currently flawed; players have a moment's window after dismounting to alter their trajectory before the effect is applied, making it possible for example for players to catapult themselves forward from stationary mounts.
- The Flight Point at Halfhill has moved up the hill to next to the Inn.
- Crops now can be harvested when dailies reset to match Jogu the Drunk's predictions window.
- The now pours water onto the ground, instead of shooting it straight up into the air.
- Smothered crops/encroaching weeds now have a spell visual to help call attention to themselves.
- The entrance to the Black Temple has been partially boarded up (the portal is still usable).
- Stillwater Crocodiles have been renamed to Stillwater Crocolisks.
- The faction Conquest & Honor quartermasters are now marked on the map.
- The Valor & Justice quartermasters in Townlong Steppes are now marked on the map.
- Cyclonic Inspiration is now automatically applied while inside the faction Shrines and no longer breaks on fall damage. Running to the former area to obtain the buff now results in an error message.
- There is now a graveyard behind Aetha in Mistfall Village.
- The Invasion of Draenor returned to Scholomance as it was not included in the revamped dungeon.
- Darkmoon Island now has a neutral Portal Back at the island's entrance. The Elwynn Forest and Mulgore portals on the Darkmoon Boardwalk have also been replaced with a Portal Back, along with a smaller tent roof to match.
- The new battle pet area has replaced the Tonk Free-for-All area.
- The Tonk Control Consoles have been moved to the sandbox.
- A Darkmoon carousel has been installed between The Darkmoon Cannon and the Shooting Gallery. Kae Ti sells ride tickets. Riding the carousel grants a buff that increases experience and reputation gains by 10% for up to an hour (does not persist through death).
- Numerous achievements have been added.
- The 60 Exalted Reputations achievement has been changed to , and the 70 Exalted Reputations achievement moved (along with the Beloved title) to .
- Quests are automatically abandoned, when an associated quest item is deleted.
- [90 Daily] now only requires killing 8 Ashweb Spiders, down from 10.
-  now requires 5 , down from 20.
- [90 Daily] now only requires killing 8 mogu, down from 12.
- [90 Daily] now only requires killing 8 sprites, down from 12.
- [90 Daily] now only requires 80 Silken Feathers, down from 120.
- Completing [90 Daily] now returns you directly to Kaz'tik the Manipulator instead of from where you picked up Kovok.
- Hillpaw's Chicken no longer spawns in Sunsong Ranch while on the quest [90 Daily] .
- Lil' Canny now works as a bank for engineers.
- Murphy Diremoor now provides repair.
- Some Shado-Pan Trainers in Setting Sun Garrison have had their pathing adjusted for [90 Daily] . In particular, they now knock players off the pillars at the edge of the ring if they try to complete the quest by standing on them doing nothing.
- Norlaxx the Outcast has been renamed Zai the Outcast.
- The hozen Legend-Chief in Kunzen Village has had the visibility of his Firewall ability greatly increased.
- "Dusty" Brandom added to the Darkmoon Path on Darkmoon Island. He offers free rides on a Darkmoon Strider to navigate the fairegrounds.
- A Darkmoon Strider was added to the Petting Zoo: it is rideable as well.
- Mage: The portal and teleport spells for Mages to travel to the Vale of Eternal Blossoms are now correctly placed in the portal and teleport pullouts, and not as independent spells in a Mage's general spell tab.
- The buffs gained during [90 Daily] can no longer be dispelled, they were making the quest easier and faster.
- The reputation bars from the subfactions of the Tillers in the reputation frame and the XP bar (if the reputation is displayed with the XP bar) are always green now. It was yellow when the standing was between 0 and 2999 Stranger.
- Tiller NPCs now show normal rep names (honored, revered, etc) in rep panel, and the individual's rep bar on their gossip window now fills once per level rather than each bubble giving a rep level.
- Vale of Eternal Blossoms is now correctly a level 90 zone (it was a 90-90 one).