- Functions pertaining to talents and specializations are renamed:
- GetActiveTalentGroup → GetActiveSpecGroup (NB: player character-only)
- SetActiveTalentGroup → SetActiveSpecGroup
- GetNumTalentGroups → GetNumSpecGroups
- GetPrimaryTalentTree → GetSpecialization
- GetUnspentTalentPoints → GetNumUnspentTalents
- GetNumTalentTabs → GetNumSpecializations
- GetTalentTabInfo → GetSpecializationInfo
- GetTalentTreeRoles → GetSpecializationRole
- Many party/raid-related functions and events are merged into group variants.
- IsRaidLeader, IsPartyLeader, UnitIsPartyLeader → UnitIsGroupLeader
- IsRaidOfficer, UnitIsRaidOfficer → UnitIsGroupAssistant
- GetNumPartyMembers, GetRealNumPartyMembers → GetNumSubgroupMembers
- GetNumRaidMembers, GetRealNumRaidMembers → GetNumGroupMembers (NB: non-0 in any group, including parties; use IsInRaid to check for group type)
- RAID_ROSTER_UPDATE, PARTY_MEMBERS_CHANGED → GROUP_ROSTER_UPDATE
- Functions pertaining to Real/Fake groups (home realm and instance/battleground-specific groups, respectively) are removed. Instead, group functions take an argument specifying which group you want to query:
- LE_PARTY_CATEGORY_HOME will query information about your "real" group -- the group you were in on your Home realm, before entering any instance/battleground.
- LE_PARTY_CATEGORY_INSTANCE will query information about your "fake" group -- the group created by the instance/battleground matching mechanism.
- Achievement API:
- GetAchievementCriteriaInfo split into two separate functions:
- Pet battles
- Black market auction house
- Class specializations
- Challenge modes
- Upgrading items
- GetInstanceInfo - Now returns a MapID as its 8th result, allowing addons to identify the current instance/continent without relying on localized names.
- True when the player is participating in a pet battle.
- NEW Frame:RegisterUnitEvent("event", "unit1"[, "unit2"]) - Triggers the widget's OnEvent handler when the specified event occurs for the specified units.
- NEW Button:SetEnabled(enable) - Enables or disables the widget (available for any widget with Enable/Disable methods).
- NEW Region:SetShown(show) - Shows or hides the widget (available for any widget with Show/Hide methods).
- UIPanelButtonTemplate2 is renamed to UIPanelButtonTemplate; the old version of which is removed.
- The minimap buttons MiniMapLFGFrame and MiniMapBattlefieldFrame is renamed/merged to QueueStatusMinimapButton.
- ShapeshiftBarFrame is removed; druid shapeshifting UI is now handled by the StanceBarFrame.
Observed bugs and notable differences
- UnitIsGroupAssistant - the new version of UnitIsRaidOfficer returns false if the player is leader. The old function returned true.
- UnitInRange - when not in a party/raid, the new version of UnitInRange returns false for "player" and "pet". The old function returned true.
- Texture:SetTexture - If the path passed into Texture:SetTexture(path) is invalid, the texture will display as solid green.
- Texture:GetTexture - If the path passed into Texture:SetTexture(path) is invalid, Texture:GetTexture() will still return whatever was passed in. Previously, it would return nil if the texture path was invalid. It seems that it is no longer possible to determine if a texture is valid or not (useful for validating user input).
- UnitGUID - requesting the GUID of another party member (possibly raid too - not tested) while responding to the new GROUP_ROSTER_UPDATE event during initial UI load while you are already in a group returns nil. This was not previously the case with the old PARTY_MEMBERS_CHANGED and RAID_ROSTER_UPDATE events.
- COMBAT_LOG_EVENT / ENVIRONMENTAL_DAMAGE - the environmental type reported from this event is now reporting non-localized proper case strings (e.g. "Falling") instead of non-localized capitalized strings (e.g. "FALLING").
Click on the headers to expand the tables below.