|Title||<Fiend of the Dark Below>|
|Occupation||Patriarch of all kraken, servant of the Naga|
|Location||Throne of the Tides|
In Kelp'thar Forest, players starting out in Vashj'ir are immediately shipwrecked by Ozumat.
Players reach Abyssal Depths via a new submarine, which is immediately used to attack Ozumat. Later during the nagas' battle against Neptulon, Lady Naz'jar unleashes Ozumat. Ozumat attaches itself to Neptulon's "head" leading to the victory of the naga. After the battle with Ozumat in the Throne of the Tides, Ozumat swims away with Neptulon.
Tales of the monstrous kraken that terrorize Azeroth's high seas were once relegated to myth... but no longer. By some ill means, the naga have bent Ozumat - the patriarch of all kraken - to their will and unleashed him against Neptulon and his followers.
- In Phase 1, Multiple , s , and s appear.
- Murlocs are AoE'able trash mobs: low health, and low damage output, but appear in packs.
- Vicious Mindlashers are caster adds, casting a basic nuke, a healing reduction ability, and an AoE shadowbolt volley.
- Unyielding Behemoths are melee adds with frontal cone and point-blank AoE attacks.
- In Phase 2, three , and multiple s appear.
- The Faceless Sappers simply channel a spell subduing Neptulon.
- Blight Beasts have a short-range damage aura.
Ozumat himself casts a single spell, though its area of effect varies depending on the phase:
- Blight of Ozumat (Heroic mode) — (Phase 2) Spits out a stream of blight towards a random enemy, infecting a small area. Any enemy that touches this area is dealt 200 (800) Shadow damage per second for 6 sec. Stacks up to 200 times.
- Blight of Ozumat — (Phase 3) Sprays the entire room full of blight, dealing 200 Shadow damage per second to all enemies. Stacks up to 200 times.
The encounter consists of three phases. During phase 1, three different types of adds spawn, and must all be tanked and killed; the murloc packs are AoE'able, while the faceless adds require single-target damage. Interrupts on the casters are beneficial here. After a certain amount of adds have been killed, Phase 2 will begin.
In Phase 2, three faceless sappers appear and begin channeling a spell at Neptulon; DPS must kill those sappers. The tank must pick up and kite the Blight Beasts that spawn through this phase, taking care not to kite them through the other party members. Ozumat makes an appearance in this phase, spewing Blight of Ozumat at random party members, leaving a blighted area on the ground that people should move out of. The phase ends once all three faceless sappers have been killed; Neptulon purifies the waters, granting everyone a +health, +damage, and +regeneration buff. The Blight Beasts should be killed at this point.
Phase 3 is a DPS race: Ozumat must be driven off before Blight of Ozumat, now cast at the entire room, stacks to the point of being unhealable. This is generally the phase you wish to use DPS cooldowns on. Ozumat will capture Neptulon and retreat when his health has been reduced enough. A chest called Neptulon's Cache will be left behind, containing loot for the encounter.
- Neptulon yells: Ahh - my fearless assistants, I assume.
- Neptulon yells: You may yet regret your presence here.
- Phase 1
- Neptulon yells: As I purify these waters, the servants of filth will surely be stirred. Beware!
- Neptulon yells: Patience guests. The waters are nearly cleansed.
- Phase 2
- Neptulon yells: The beast has returned! It must not pollute my waters!
- Neptulon yells: Augh... Their filthiness stains me!
- Phase 3
- Neptulon yells: My waters are cleansed! Drink in their power!
- Neptulon yells: Behold the power of pure water!
- Neptulon below 50%
- Neptulon yells: I grow weary!
- Neptulon below 25%
- Neptulon yells: Fools! Make yourselves useful!
- Neptulon dies
- Neptulon yells: Your kind... cannot be... trusted...
- Killing a player
- Neptulon yells: You are unworthy of my domain!
- Neptulon yells: My attention was wasted on you!
- Main article: Neptulon's Cache
|Two-hand strength axe|
|DPS cloth gloves|
|Agility mail chest|
|Spirit plate chest|
|Tank plate leggings|
- Despite antagonizing both the Horde and the Alliance, in addition to Neptulon, the Vrykul and the Earthen Ring forces, Ozumat may not be acting of his own accord - his will was apparently "bent" by the naga.
- Canthus and Cause and Effect vs Ozumat (5 man normal) Shattered Halls Eu
- How Two: Ozumat - Heroic Throne of the Tides
Patches and hotfixes
- Patch 4.1.0 (2011-04-26): Blight Beasts summoned during the Ozumat encounter now deal less damage with Aura of Dread.
- Hotfix (2010-12-07): "Players are no longer able to use Killing Spree on Ozumat in Throne of the Tides. The message "Invalid Target" is displayed."
- Patch 4.0.3a (2010-11-23): Added
- ^