Overpower is an Arms warrior counterattack. Once your opponent dodges an attack of yours, you have a chance to overpower, dealing 105% weapon damage. Overpower cannot be blocked, dodged or parried, but can miss. Overpower has an additional 60% chance to crit.
Tips and tactics
Overpower is one of the Arms warrior's most powerful attacks. Though its tooltip damage may seem lackluster, the ability's additional 60% critical strike chance and the fact that it cannot be dodged, parried or blocked serve to increase its average damage to something far more impressive.
Overpower is typically one of the Arm warrior's highest priorities, although and will usually take precedence. Making sure that any available proc is used as quickly as possible is generally wise, allowing extra uses to be procced from your target's dodges.
Rogues are especially vulnerable to Overpower, as they rely on dodge for much of their damage mitigation. can be used when fighting them to mitigate possible interruptions from .
- Patch 5.2.0 (2013-03-05): Now costs 10 rage and reduces 's remaining cooldown by 0.5 seconds.
- Hotfix (2012-09-20): "Overpower now does 105% weapon damage (down from 120%)"
- Patch 5.0.4 (2012-08-28): Now an Arms specialization ability. No longer cost Rage and can be used in any stance. Weapon damage increased from 120% to 125%. Has a 60% increased chance of being a critical strike.
- Patch 4.2.0 (2011-06-28): Overpower now has a 1.5-second cooldown and global cooldown ('s Overpower cooldown has not changed).
- Patch 4.0.3a (2010-11-23): Now does 125% weapon damage, down from 150%.
- Hotfix (2009-04-24): " will now properly provide a 100% chance to enable Overpower after a parry."
- Patch 3.0.2 (2008-10-14): Overpower now only has one rank and no longer causes any bonus damage (i.e. weapon damage only).
- Patch 1.8.0 (2005-10-10): Now uses normalized attack power.
- Patch 1.5.0 (2005-06-07): Fixed a bug where the ability was sometimes blocked.
- Patch 1.3.0 (2005-03-07): Should now be usable when a special attack is dodged.