- For the Pet Battle ability, see [Moonfire].
- Level 3 druid ability
- 40 yd range
- 8.4% of base mana
- Instant cast
- Can be cast in Tree of Life Form, Moonkin Form
Burns the enemy for X Arcane damage and then an additional Y Arcane damage over 14 sec. Your Starfire and Starsurge critical strikes on the target will extend your Moonfire's duration by 2 sec.
Feral, Guardian, Restoration:
Burns the enemy for X Arcane damage and then an additional Y Arcane damage over 14 sec.
- "In all other things, moderation." 
Moonfire is a druid DoT spell available at level 3.
Tips and tactics
- If specced into Balance, always cast Moonfire along with [Sunfire] as they can both be on any target at the same time without canceling one another and helps trigger [Shooting Stars] more often, which greatly increases your DPS. In addition, both Sunfire and Moonfire's overall damage increases while under the effects of [Lunar Shower] and [Eclipse], which helps in fights that require lots of movement or if mana becomes an issue. It's also good for kiting in PvP or finishing off fleeing enemies.
- It's often considered an excellent choice for pulling, regardless of the druid's specialization due to its instant cast and long lasting DoT.
- If an enemy is at low health you can finish them off by spamming several Moonfire or Sunfires in a row. This is horribly mana inefficient and low DPS, but can be done on the move to a fleeing enemy.
- Patch 5.0.4 (2012-08-28): No longer generates any Energy or changes into Sunfire while in Solar Eclipse.
- Hotfix (2011-07-19): "Moonfire will now generate Lunar Energy when crossing from Solar to Lunar on the Eclipse bar."
- Patch 4.0.6 (2011-02-08): Now costs 9% of base mana, down from 18% of base mana.