|Affiliation||Guardians of Hyjal|
|Location||Grove of Aessina, Mount Hyjal|
Opening Firelands phase 1:
Quests progressing the Molten Front offensive:
- Gossip text
- Welcome, <class>.
- Hyjal burns and the world I've spent my life protecting is on the brink of oblivion.
- Tell me: Have you ever heard of Tyrus Blackhorn?
- A decade ago, a great battle took place here on the summit of Mount Hyjal. commanded a swarm of demons to march upon the World Tree and claim its power for his own.
- His defeat signaled the Legion's invasion of Azeroth... But many of his corrupted supporters remained behind.
- Blackhorn is a demon?
- Yes and no. He may be a demon now, but Tyrus Blackthorn was a night elf once. Like many of his brothers he was wooed and transformed by the promises of power the demonic army whispered in his ear.
- He was captured after his master's defeat and imprisoned here on the summit, his immortal form bound by sacred energies.
- But perhaps the dimmest flicker of a soul still burns within him... We must at least reach out to know for sure.
Tell me about the spirit of Aessina.
- We mortal races know so little of Aessina, the spirit of the wilderness who lurks in dense untamed woods. She is the soul of the forest, its beating heart, the source of life energy that breaks down stone, devours ancient ruins, and fills dense thickets with mystery and fear. Aessina is the center of the web of life.
- The night elves have built shrines to her throughout Kalimdor. She is revered, yes... But not understood.
- What would it be like, do you think, to get even a glimpse of this reclusive, powerful ancient?
Sanctuary of Malorne
- Legends of the great white stag have persisted in my culture for as long as we tauren can remember. Malorne likely stood guard over the primal forests at the very dawn of the world. he was an ancient spirt, the very embodiment of nature's power and purity.!
- Long ago, the greatest tauren hunters would track the white stag when the moon was full. To catch even a glimpse of his shimmering hide was said to bring great fortune to the tribe for a generation.
- Did you know that Malorne was the consort of the moon goddess?
- Yes, Malorne was consort to the moon goddess herself, the one the night elves call "Elune." From their union was born Cenarius, the patron god of all druids and one of the most powerful creatures to even walk upon Azeroth.
- But listen to me, I ramble on.
- Malorne is an incredible force of nature, but he only interacts with the mortal races in times of dire trouble. Hove you heard about his deeds in the War of the Ancients?
- Ten thousand years ago, when the demons of the Burning Legion invaded Azeroth, the ancients fought side-by-side with the mortal races. many of the ancetns met their end by the Legion's hand. Cenarius would've been killed as well, were it not for the actions of his father, Malorne.
- The mighty stag leaped into battle, his hooves crashing down on demon skulls, and his antlers pricing their fiery flesh.
- Then Archimonde the Defiler took to the field of battle. After a fierce fight, he seized Malorne by the antlers and... and... snapped the ancient's neck.
- But as long as there's life in the world, can a force of nature like Malorne ever truly die?
- Patch 4.0.3a (2010-11-23): Added
|Grove of Aessina||Sanctuary of Malorne|