Love is in the Air
|Love is in the Air|
|Duration||February 10th - February 23rd (2013)|
|Boss|| <Crown Chemical Co.>|
"Love is in the Air" is a seasonal event that takes place around Valentine's Day. The first "Love is in the Air" event occurred in 2006. In 2011, the event ran from February 6 to February 22. Previous years have had some changes; see Love is in the Air 2009 for details of the previous version of this event.
From the on the official site:
- Something is in the air in the major cities of Azeroth. Some call it love, and some just call it friendship and admiration. Whichever it is, many guards and townsfolks now spend their days giving and receiving tokens and gifts to other amorous citizens.
- The more skeptical, however, are suspicious of the strange "love sickness" clouding the hearts of so many. Will this widespread occurrence be simply taken as a recent outbreak of amore? Or will our brave adventurers find a sinister plot behind the source of this plague of passion? Only time will tell...
The Crown Chemical Co. is in town! Items can be purchased from the in each major city for Love Tokens. Tokens can be purchased with Lovely Charm Bracelets and are rewarded by several quests. The bracelets are created from ten Lovely Charms.
To collect Lovely Charms, players must have the in their inventory, which is available from . Then go kill mobs and/or players that would grant honor or XP. You need not loot these mobs to gain the Lovely Charm; it will appear in your inventory automatically.
|1||(from vendor; quests return x5 rate)|
|270||Mount, added in Patch 4.3.0|
The Love is in the Air vendors will pay one Love Token for a Lovely Charm Bracelet. The four daily Lovely Charm Bracelet quests reward five Love Tokens per bracelet and reward a card that can be used for a buff.
There are several daily quests and a quest chain during the holiday.
A Gift for ...
A daily quest from offering a gift (a ) to the leader of the capital city. Receive 5x and a consumable card that provides a buff to a core stat for an hour.
Crown Chemical Co. Contraband
-  (optional)
-  or 
- Then, a level-appropriate daily quest:
-  (optional)
The Love is in the Air event consists of a boss, first added to the event in 2010, which can be queued up for using the Dungeon Finder or by talking to the in Stormwind City or Orgrimmar, near the Auction Houses. The boss can only be queued up for by level 90 players.
The optional quest  leads you to Shadowfang Keep where the Crown Chemical Company set up a base of operations. There you can find a goblin agent who gives you  . When turning that quest in at , he and his two companions will aggro. They are all level 92 (elite) and have about 5.9 million health. When the proper strategy is followed, these should not pose a problem for a well-geared 5-man group.
Bouquet of Roses
Latest known drop locations (as of Patch 4.3.2):
|Blackrock Caverns||Normal and Heroic||<Herald of Twilight>|
|Grim Batol||Normal and Heroic|
|Hour of Twilight|
|Shadowfang Keep||Heroic Only|
|The Stonecore||Normal and Heroic|
|Well of Eternity|
|Eat the eight "Bag of Candies" heart candies listed below.
|Create 12 .||10|
|Use a on each of the
|Get completely smashed, put on your best perfume, throw a on / then
|Enjoy a with someone in Dalaran at their during the Love is in the Air celebration.||10|
|*||Open a and receive a .||10|
|Obtain a or during the Love is in the Air celebration.||10|
|Complete the Lovely Charm Bracelet daily quest for each <Horde/Alliance> capital.
|Assist the Steamwheedle Cartel in stopping the sinister Crown Chemical Co. plot.||10|
|*||Obtain a permanent Peddlefeet by procuring a .||10|
|Sample all of the Love is in the Air candies listed below:
|Shoot 10 players with the .||10|
|Shoot off 10 in 20 seconds or less.||10|
|*||Defeat the trio of Crown Chemical Co. apothecaries in Shadowfang Keep.||10|
In 2007, Blizzard created a Burning Crusade commercial that featured the "Love is in the Air" event as well as the new jewelcrafting profession. From the official website, the ad was described as follows:
What do you get the blood elf who has everything? This Valentine's Day, make it an epic jewel! Yes, the industrial empires of Azeroth aren't about to let anyone escape the relentless marketing campai- er, bloom of true love associated with this time of year! Take a look at this new commercial but be warned that you may be struck by a sudden impulse to spend all the gold you've saved for your epic mount.
- Love is in the Air 2009 - description of this event from 2006-2009.
Patches and hotfixes
- Hotfix (2012-02-07): "Players are now able to receive Lovely Charms while on the quest "Test Your Strength", when the player's inventory has both the Darkmoon Adventurer's Guide and Lovely Charm Collector's Kit. Players now have the chance to receive both the and from a single kill."
- Patch 4.3.2 (2012-01-31): added.
- Hotfix (2010-09-02): "Any player who has a Lovely Charm Collector's Kit in their bags now has a chance to receive a Lovely Charm when in a group or raid and a group member gets a killing blow as long as they are within a certain range of the kill."
- Patch 3.3.0 (2009-12-08): This event has been reworked.
- Patch 1.9.3 (2006-02-07): Added.