Lorewalker Stonestep (tactics)
|Title||<The Keeper of Scrolls>|
|Location||Temple of the Jade Serpent|
Lorewalker Stonestep is the narrator of the second boss of the Temple of the Jade Serpent. The encounter is randomly selected between the two possible.
The Sha of Doubt's minions gleefully invaded the Temple of the Jade Serpent's library, creating twisted, destructive versions of heroes and other characters of pandaren lore. Despite his best efforts, Lorewalker Stonestep has been unable to restore these manifestations of their past to their uncorrupted forms.
Spells and Abilities
The Trial of the Yaungol
A young Yaungol faces his own Strife and Peril. He must find a balance between the two to set his soul free.
- Agony — Agony arcs through the enemy's mind, inflicting 25000 (Heroic: 50000) Shadow damage.
- Intensity — Focusing your attacks on either Strife or Peril feeds the entity, causing it to inflict 3500 (Heroic: 5000) Fire damage to all surrounding players and increasing damage dealt by 10%. This effect stacks. Upon reaching 10 stacks, this entity gains Ultimate Power and immunity to all damaging effects for 15 sec.
- Dissipation — Ignoring Strife or Peril will starve the entity, causing it to slowly dissipate to nothingness. Damage dealt is reduced by 10% per application.
The Champion of the Five Suns
In the days of old, five suns burned brightly in the sky. Great fires would sweep through the lands of Pandaria until the day that Zao Sunseeker shot a defiant arrow into the sky, bringing down 4 of the 5 suns.
Stage One: Extinguishing the Suns
Players must extinguish the suns from the sky. Defeating each Sun causes Haunting Sha to appear and attack Zao Sunseeker and the players.
- Sunfire Rays — The intense heat of the sun burns a random enemy target for 10000 (Heroic: 30000) Fire damage.
- Haunting Gaze — The Haunting Sha gazes into their victim's soul, inflicting 25000 (Heroic: 50000) Shadow damage.
Stage Two: The Sunseeker's Corruption!
The Haunting Sha have now possessed Zao Sunseeker. You must now defeat him to cleanse his corruption.
- Hellfire Arrows — Zao shoots madly at his perceived enemies, inflicting 30000 (Heroic: 52000) Fire damage to random enemies.
The Trial of the Yaungol
This encounter involves two bosses at once.
The tank needs to keep aggro on both Strife and Peril. Since they do not move, this involves running between the bosses and using AoE abilities such as and . They hit hard by 5-player boss standards, so be prepared to blow cooldowns on mitigation abilities such as .
For damage dealers, the official intent for the encounter seems to be watching for the stacks of Intensity and periodically switching between the bosses when the stacks get too high (for example, above 6). Switch immediately if your target gets the Intensity debuff. However, it is sometimes easier (especially in overgeared groups) to just focus on one boss and ignore the other until the first one is dead, simply waiting out the 15-second immunity to damage.
The Champion of the Five Suns
Zao Sunseeker is a figure from a Pandaren tale who sought to destroy the Five Suns that were causing drought and havoc for the people. The story is brought to life by the Sha and players fight alongside Zao to defeat four of the suns. Upon defeating each sun, it shows its true form - sha. After you defeat four of the sha, they infest Zao with the negative emotion they embody. Players are then forced to kill Zao.
|Caster cloth belt|
|Caster mail belt|
|Tank plate boots|
|Caster leather leggings|
- You there, in the rafters! My sacred library has become possessed by the Sha!
- See how they form every letter of these sacred scrolls; corrupting them, defiling them!
- I beseech you kind strangers. Cleanse this place of their foul presence. They are stories to rest.
- You must destroy the source of the corruption. Quickly, before our cherished history is erased forever!
- Thank you, heroes. I...
- Ah, it is not yet over. From what I see, we face the trial of the yaungol. Let me shed some light...
- As the tale goes, the yaungol was traveling across the Kun'lai plains when suddenly he was ambushed by two strange creatures!
- The yaungol attacked the beasts with great determination and ferocity. Yet, the more he attacked, the more fearsome the beasts grew!
- However, when he let it alone, the beast shrank to near nothingness.
- For you see, strife feeds on conflict. When you have peace in your heart, strife will find somewhere else to roam.
- Zao Sunseeker
- Oh, my. If I am not mistaken, it appears that the tale of Zao Sunseeker has come to life before us.
- According to the legend, long ago, there were five suns that burned brightly in the sky. When the winds blew, their intense heat caused great wildfires.
- Crops wilted, villages burned, and families wandered endlessly to seek refuge from the flames...
- Zao Sunseeker yells: I can allow this no longer!
- The fires, they are burning the library! Please, heroes! Purge this evil before the temple crumbles to ash!
- Zao Sunseeker yells: The blistering heat must have dulled my senses... mirages! All of you!
- Zao has become corrupted too! Please, fight him with dignity...
- Zao was a true champion of our people, how sad it is to see his story tainted by the sha. I am relieved to see justice served to his memory.
- You have my thanks, heroes. You have given peace to this sacred temple.
- Now, off with you! I require meditation before I begin the restoration ritual.
Patches and hotfixes
- Patch 5.2.0 (2013-03-05): Zao Sunseeker can once again be encountered.
- Hotfix (2012-10-01): "Zao Sunseeker can no longer be encountered in the Temple of the Jade Serpent."
- Patch 5.0.4 (2012-08-28): Added.