- For the Pet Battle ability, see [Lightning Shield].
- Lightning Shield
- Level 8 shaman ability
- Instant cast
- The caster is surrounded by a reactive lightning barrier. When a spell, melee or ranged attack hits the caster, the attacker will be struck for X Nature damage. This effect may only occur once every few seconds. Lasts 1 hour.
Only one of your Elemental Shields can be active on you at once.
|| [Fulmination], [Rolling Thunder], [Static Shock]
Lightning Shield is a nature-based buff, available at level 8. When getting attacked, it does direct damage to the attacker. It can only proc every few seconds.
- Being an elemental shield, Lightning Shield cannot be used at the same time as [Earth Shield] or [Water Shield]. It is however possible to use Water Shield or Lightning Shield on yourself while Earth Shield is up on another target.
- It uses the lightning animation instead of the normal nature animation.
- Each charge receives 38.8% of spell damage.
- The damage caused is considered direct damage, though it cannot crit.
An orc shaman Lightning Shield in art.
Tips and tactics
- Lightning Shield is a good alternative to Water Shield for solo play or PvP, especially if mana is not a problem (either because you have enough mana anyway or because you expect fights to be quick).
Patches and hotfixes
- Patch 5.0.4 (2012-08-28): No longer has charges and lasts for 1 hour, up from 10 minutes.
- Hotfix (2010-12-07): "Lightning Shield again properly deals damage while the shaman is casting other spells."
- Patch 3.0.2 (2008-10-14): Mana cost removed.
- Patch 1.8.0 (2005-10-10): Tooltip updated to reflect actual functionality.