- This article is about the Druid ability. For the former hunter ability, see [Lacerate].
- Level 38 druid ability
- Melee range
- Instant cast
- Requires Bear Form
- Lacerates the enemy target, dealing (X + (AP * 61.6%)) bleed damage and an additional (5 * (Y + (AP * 5.12%))) over 15 sec. Stacks up to 3 times.
Each time Lacerate hits, it has a 25% chance to reset the cooldown on Mangle.
Lacerate is a druid ability, learned at level 38. It applies a stacking bleed effect and has a chance to reset the cooldown on [Mangle] when dealing damage.
This ability is used similar to a warrior's [Sunder Armor], though it does not generate as much threat. However, Lacerate can crit, which increases the threat caused.
The damage over time is divided into 5 3-second ticks (one-fifth of the damage each tick). Reapplying Lacerate renews the DoT debuff to its full 15-second duration.
Tips and tactics
- Very good skill for single target tanking. The tanking rotation generating the most threat is: [Mangle] as often as possible; while Mangle is on cooldown, use Lacerate; if you still have excess rage, use [Maul] in parallel.
- When tanking multiple mobs at once, Thrash and [Swipe] are usually better choices than Lacerate.
- Patch 5.0.4 (2012-08-28): Now also has a 25% chance to reset the cooldown on Mangle.
- Patch 4.1.0 (2011-04-26): Bonus threat has been removed and replaced with increased initial damage done.
- Patch 2.4.0 (2008-03-25): This ability now deals additional damage based on the attack power of the Druid.
- Introduced attack power scaling: Every 20 Attack Power adds 1 damage, per stack, over 15 seconds. Mangle further enhances this value.