|Title||<Leader of the Black Harvest>|
|Affiliation||Council of the Black Harvest; Stormwind (ostensibly)|
|Location||Shadowmoon Valley, Hand of Gul'dan|
- This article is about the character biography of Kanrethad Ebonlocke. For information on how to defeat him in Pursuing the Black Harvest, see Kanrethad Ebonlocke (tactics).
Kanrethad Ebonlocke is a powerful human warlock, affiliated with the Council of the Black Harvest. He was present when Illidan was killed during the siege of the Black Temple and shared the secrets of Illidan's transformation with the Council. After Deathwing's defeat, he called the council together to gather the powers of Ragnaros and Cho'gall. He partnered himself with Jubeka Shadowbreaker to return to Outland. They both infiltrated the Black Temple and tried to create a powerful arcane crystal from a source of energy below the Shrine of Lost Souls.
Travelling through Outland, they inspected the Netherstorm to study the power of Illidan over the demons of Outland. In Blade's Edge Mountains, they tried to question a doomguard about the secret of sacrifice magic. In Shadowmoon valley, at the altar of damnation, Kanrethad made Jubeka do a promise.
- ... If I fail, I need you to banish me forever.
They both infiltrated the Black Temple, where they found the source of Illidan's power over the demons in the Shrine of Lost Souls. They tried to create a powerful arcane crystal from a source of energy below the Shrine. After some time, he finished to become a powerful warlock in demon form manipulating the fel energy and invoking a pitlord, a doomlord, a lot of imps and some felhounds. However, the power had a price, his sanity. He was vanquished by a warlock and banished by his former partner. Today, he can be seen at Hand of Gul'dan.
"Ebonlocke" seems to be a family of some renown within Darkshire, with the town's mayor and head of the militia members of it. There is also the ghost of a man named Ebonlocke within Karazhan. Kanrethad also being an Ebonlocke would seem to imply that he is from Darkshire.
- During the beta, he had the quote "The strongest of bonds is one which shares pain and pleasure equally." on the warlock talent . This quote, along with most of the others previously seen in the beta, appears on the abilities of any Warlock that completes the Green fire quest chain as of Patch 5.2.
- He wears the Nemesis Raiment, albeit with a shirt instead of a full robe.
- Patch 5.2.0 (2013-03-05): Added.