|Horn of Winter
- Horn of Winter
- Level 65 death knight ability
- 20 sec cooldown
- The Death Knight blows the Horn of Winter, which generates 10 Runic Power and increases attack power of all party and raid members within 100 yards by 10%. Lasts 5 min.
Horn of Winter is a group buff that death Knights can cast, increasing attack power. The ability also generates a small amount of runic power when used. The buff should be kept up at all times, as the attack power will increase your damage done significantly. As a tank, the extra attack power will increase your damage (and therefore threat).
Tips and tactics
- Horn of Winter should be used before every pull for the free runic power. It should also be used any time you have a spare global cooldown to generate some extra runic power and to make sure the buff does not fall off. This applies even if a warrior in the group is using Battle Shout, as the extra runic power is always useful.
- Patch 5.0.4 (2012-08-28): Now increases attack power by 10% instead of Strength and Agility.
- Patch 4.2.0 (2011-06-28): Agility (and thus Horn of Winter) no longer increases a Death Knight's chance to dodge.
- Patch 3.2.0 (2009-08-04): Learning rank 2 of this ability caused players to unlearn rank 1, such that it no longer appears in their spellbook. It is now possible to relearn that rank, and death knights will no longer "forget" rank 1 when they learn rank 2.
- Patch 3.0.8 (2009-01-20): Now has no cost and grants 10 runic power in addition to its stat buff, but has a 20 second cooldown.