- Holy Shock
- Level 10 Holy paladin ability
- 40 yd range
- 16% of base mana
- 6 sec cooldown
- Instant cast
- Blasts the target with Holy energy, causing X (+ 136% of Spellpower) Holy damage to an enemy, or Y (+ 83.3% of Spellpower) healing to an ally, and granting a charge of Holy Power.
Holy Shock has an additional 25% chance to be a critical strike.
||Offensive or Defensive
|| [Glyph of Holy Shock], [Glyph of Illumination]
|| [Daybreak], [Infusion of Light]
Holy Shock is an instant Holy paladin ability that can be used to heal a friendly target or deal Holy direct damage to an enemy.
Tips and tactics
- Holy Shock is the second cheapest healing spell available to the Holy Paladin, and is significantly stronger and faster than [Holy Light]. With only a 6 second cooldown, it should be used often for both power and efficiency.
- Holy Shock is one of the two primary methods a Holy Paladin uses to generate Holy Power (the other being [Tower of Radiance]).
- When you proc [Daybreak], your next Holy Shock will cause no cooldown. The talents [Infusion of Light] grant you specific benefits following a successful cast of Holy Shock. This allows you to cast multiple spells in rapid succession; for instance, with Daybreak up, you could utilize the reduction in cast time on Holy Light twice in rapid succession, by casting: Holy Shock, Holy Light, Holy Shock, Holy Light.
In Warcraft III the Paladin hero's [Holy Light] spell healed friendly living units and damaged enemy undead units. Considering this, some may view Holy Shock as a variation of WC3 Holy Light.
- Patch 5.0.5 (2012-09-11): Holy Shock's base damage has been reduced, and its spellpower coefficient has been increased.
- Patch 5.0.4 (2012-08-28): Range against hostile targets increased from 20 to 40 yards. Has an additional 25% chance crit.
- Patch 4.2.0 (2011-06-28): Mana cost has been decreased to 7% of base mana, down from 8%.
- Patch 1.10.2 (2006-05-02): Bug fix: Now guaranteed to crit when used offensively while Divine Favor is active.