Holy Fire is an instant Holy-based priest hybrid-damage spell, which causes direct damage and additional damage over time, available to Discipline and Holy priests. About 80% of the damage is caused by the DD, and the other 20% by the DoT. Holy Fire is generally the Holy priest's fastest and most mana efficient direct damage spell.
- [Solace and Insanity] (talent): Replaces Holy Fire with [Power Word: Solace].
- [Evangelism] (Discipline and Holy passive): When you deal direct damage with Penance, Smite, or Holy Fire you gain Evangelism. Stacks up to 5 times. Lasts for 20 sec. Evangelism increases the damage done by your Penance, Smite and Holy Fire spells by 4% and reduces the mana cost of those spells by 6%.
- [Divine Fury] (Discipline and Holy passive): Increases your chance to hit with Penance, Smite, Power Word: Solace, Cascade, Divine Star, Halo, and Holy Fire by 15%.
- [Atonement] (Discipline passive): When you deal damage with Smite, Holy Fire, and Penance, you instantly heal a nearby low health friendly target within 15 yards from the enemy target for 100% of the damage dealt. If the Priest is healed through Atonement, the effect is reduced by 50%.
- [Chakra: Chastise] (Holy ability): Increases the damage done by your Shadow and Holy spells by 15%, grants a 10% chance for Smite to reset the cooldown of Holy Word: Chastise, reduces the mana cost of Smite and Holy Fire by 75%, and transforms your Holy Word spell back into Holy Word: Chastise.
- The spell's Direct Damage and DoT components are calculated separately, and are not in fixed proportion. At level 90, the Direct Damage component deals 1137 damage plus 111% of spell power, while the DoT component deals 399 plus 3.12% of spell power, over 7 seconds.
- [Divine Fury] increases Holy Fire's hit chance by 15%, while [Evangelism] potentially increases its damage by 20% and reduces its mana cost by 30%.
- Holy Fire works with [Atonement], allowing Discipline priests to use it to heal their party or raid.
- Holy priests will find Holy Fire much improved by [Chakra: Chastise].
- [Glyph of Smite] causes the Holy Fire DoT debuff to increase damage done to the target by Smite by 20%. This will also increase healing generated for Discipline priests through [Atonement].
- Holy Fire is one of the fastest and most efficient damage-dealing options for Discipline and Holy priests.
- Patch 5.2.0 (2013-03-05): Now an instant cast ability. Holy Fire is now replaced by [Power Word: Solace] if chosen.
- Patch 4.1.0 (2011-04-26):
- Damage has been increased to be approximately 30% higher than [Smite].
- The direct damage portion of Holy Fire can now trigger [Evangelism].
- Patch 3.0.2 (2008-10-14): Cast time reduced to 2 seconds, down from 3.5. Damage increased roughly 60%. Duration for the damage over time effect reduced to 7 seconds, down from 10. Holy Fire now has a 10 second cooldown.
- Patch 1.10.0 (2006-03-28): Now available to all priests, starting at level 20.
- Patch 1.4.0 (2005-05-05):
- Should now be affected by the Focused Casting talent.
- The cast time was reduced from five seconds to four seconds, which reduces the damage caused. Therefore, the damage was increased and more of the spell's potency was shifted into the damage-over-time portion. The duration was also increased and mana cost and cooldown were both decreased.
- Patch 1.3.0 (2005-03-07): Fixed a bug with the bonus damage gained from +fire damage items. Such items now have a greater effect on this spell.