|Heroic level||87 Elite|
|Wealth||1 36 29|
|Affiliation||Defias Brotherhood, formerly Bilgewater Cartel, The Shattered Hand, Horde|
|Location||Mast Room, Deadmines|
Helix Gearbreaker the Carpenter is the second boss of Deadmines.
Helix Gearbreaker is in charge of building the mast of the Defias Juggernaught. He and his fellow goblins that are working for the Defias Brotherhood are considered traitors to the Bilgewater Cartel and the Horde.
Formerly a craftsman in the Bilgewater Cartel, Helix was offered a sum eclipsing anything he would ever make as a nameless Horde engineer to ply his trade for the Defias Brotherhood. He was quick to accept the job and renounce his former loyalties... just as any resourceful goblin would.
- Explode — Helix will periodically toss a Sticky Bomb onto the ground near a random player. After six seconds if the bomb detects a nearby player within one yard, the bomb explodes. A Sticky Bomb will also self destruct and explode if it is not triggered by a player after eighteen additional seconds. Deals 46250 to 53750 fire damage to nearby enemies and knocks them back a short distance.
- Leap — While Helix is still on his oaf, instead of leaping, the oaf throws Helix onto a player and Helix will punch the player with his normal melee attack. After his oaf comes back from his smash Helix will jump back onto him. Once the oaf dies, Helix will start leaping and attaching himself to a player's face for ten seconds. While Helix is attached, he punches the player with his normal melee attack. After the ten seconds, Helix will leap onto another player.
- Chest Bomb — When Helix leaps off from a player, he leaves a Chest Bomb strapped to that player. After ten seconds, the Chest Bomb explodes. This explosion knocks the targeted player up very high, while dealing 46250 to 53750 Fire damage to nearby player allies within 6 yards.
Lumbering Oaf's Abilities
- Oaf Smash — The Lumbering Oaf will periodically grab a player and run to the farthest side of the room from the entrance. The Oaf then quickly runs and smashes into a wooden log on the other side of the room, knocking back and dealing 100 Physical damage to the player. In Heroic Difficulty, the impact of Oaf Smash instead inflicts 100% of the target player's health in Physical damage.
Helix is riding atop of his Lumbering Oaf. The Oaf will melee and will once in a while grab a random player and crash him into the wall. Helix will throw Sticky Bombs which will explode after a while. The Lumbering Oaf may occasionally throw Helix onto a random player and before departing from the player, Helix will implant a Chest Bomb. Players must stay away from the bomb as it will give massive Fire damage to everyone in a six yard radius. During all of this, four members of Helix's Crew will be above the players on an overhead log. Each crew member will periodically throw a Sticky Bomb onto the ground below near a random player. Players should obviously stay away from all bombs at all times.
Phase 2 begins after the Lumbering Oaf is killed. Helix will jump onto the face of a random party member, punching him in the face, giving him melee damage. He will rapidly throw Sticky Bombs, so the ridden player must move around so that the group can continue DPSing Helix without being hit by bombs. Every ten seconds Helix will jump onto someone else, but before departing the player he will leave a Chest Bomb on him. During all of this, four members of Helix's Crew will be above the players on an overhead log. Each crew member will periodically throw a Sticky Bomb onto the ground below near a random player. Players should obviously stay away from all bombs at all times.
|Agility leather leggings|
|Spirit mail gloves|
|Spirit plate bracers|
- The mistress will pay me handsomely for your heads!
- Spell Cast
- Bombs away!
- Grabbed by Oaf
- Lumbering Oaf yells: No...NO!
- Lumbering Oaf yells: OAF SMASH!!
- Helix Thrown
- Ready Oafie? Throw!
- Lumbering Oaf dies
- Lumbering Oaf yells: Me...not feel so good...
- I didn't need him! Not when I've got YOU oafs!
- Killed a Player
- Only 10 copper!? You're not even worth killing!
- The scales... have... tipped...
- An interesting boss, he rides the back of a hobgoblin, and when he is killed, Helix then rides the back of a random player.
The similarity of Helix's aggro quote is presumably in homage to one of the original Deadmines bosses, Rhahk'Zor.
- Hotfix (2011-12-20): "Helix Gearbreaker's Stickybomb should no longer break Stealth."
- Patch 4.0.3a (2010-11-23): Added.