|This article is flagged for a fact check!|
|Improvements||, , ,|
- Power over the elements is power over creation itself.
Healing Wave is the first healing spell that a Shaman learns, and is a shaman's most mana efficient single-target heal. It doesn't heal for very much, however, and is only really useful at times of lower damage. It's main advantage is that the low mana cost means that you can chain-cast the spell indefinitely.
Tips and tactics
- While mana efficient, Healing Wave doesn't heal for very much and should never be used with . Using charges on it is not always recommended either.
- If a target is in danger of dying, or are usually better choices.
- When glyphed, Healing Wave will heal yourself for 20% of the amount you heal others for. This lets you focus more on others without having to worry about your own health. You'll still need to keep an eye on your health, however, as it doesn't affect any of your other heals.
Healing and efficiency
- The restoration specialization reduces the casting time by 0.5 seconds.
- returns mana every time when it critically strikes.
- When activated, turns it into an instant cast spell.
- reduces the casting time after you cast or .
- heals a second target for 30% of the amount healed when it critically strikes.
- heals the caster for 20% of the amount healed when casting it on someone else.
- Patch 4.0.1 (2010-10-12): Level requirement is 7, and the spell is no longer free, available after character creation.
- Hotfix (2009-04-22): "The Thunderfall Totem will no longer increase the casting time of Healing Wave or Lesser Healing Wave when is active. "
- Patch 1.10 (2006-03-28): Mana cost on all ranks reduced approximately 9%.