Hammer of the Righteous
|Hammer of the Righteous|
- "A hammer, a libram, and the strength of the Light - all necessary, but the hammer is the most fun." - Nimaasus the Implacable
Tips & tactics
Hammer of the Righteous attacks the paladin's current target with a straight melee physical attack, doing a percentage of weapon damage. This attack can miss, be dodged, be parried, or be blocked, and does double damage on a crit, just like any other physical melee attack. Although this physical melee attack only affects a single target, it will not proc the active seal.
If the physical attack connects with its target, it then attacks all nearby enemies (including the paladin's target) with a Holy damage spell. Prior to an 11-Feb-2011 hotfix, this AOE attack was resolved as a spell attack, using the paladin's spell miss chance; now, however, it always hits all targets in its area of effect as long as the primary attack hits. Rogues who are under , however, are able to resist this damage.
Additionally, using Hammer of the Righteous grants the paladin 1 Holy Power.
Hammer of the Righteous is one of the two protection paladin abilities able to be used while silenced. The other is . However, these two may not be used while disarmed. Most other protection abilities are usable while disarmed.
- Lightsworn Plate (Protection Tier 10) - 2 piece set bonus makes your Hammer of the Righteous ability deal 20% increased damage.
- Liadrin's Plate set (Protection Tier 9) - 2 piece set bonus makes your Hammer of the Righteous ability deal 5% increased damage.
- Turalyon's Plate set (Protection Tier 9) - 2 piece set bonus makes your Hammer of the Righteous ability deal 5% increased damage.
- Redemption Plate (Protection Tier 7) - 2 piece set bonus makes your Hammer of the Righteous ability deal 10% increased damage.
Patches and hotfixes
- Patch 5.0.4 (2012-08-28): Now a specialization ability for Retribution in addition to Protection. Main target weapon damage reduced from 30% to 20%. Can now be used with two-handed weapons.
- Patch 4.2.0 (2011-06-28): Mana cost has been lowered to 10%, down from 12% to match Crusader Strike.
- Patch 4.0.1 (2010-10-12): Cooldown reduced from 6 seconds to 3 seconds, now hits target for physical damage and all nearby enemies (including target) for holy damage, and gives 1 Holy Power.
- Patch 3.0.3 (2008-11-04): Tooltip corrected to indicate it does 4 times weapon DPS instead of 3.
- Patch 3.0.2 (2008-10-14): Added.