|The Gruul's Lair loading graphic|
|Location||Blade's Edge Mountains|
|Lockout timer||1 week|
When the infamous Dragon Aspect, Deathwing, discovered the Dark Portal and Draenor, he felt sure that few of Draenor's denizens would dare challenge the black dragonflight, so he scattered clutches of his eggs throughout the world.
Deathwing made a serious miscalculation when he chose to leave his eggs under meager guardianship in Blade's Edge Mountains. The guardian dragons were torn from the sky by the gronn living in Blade's Edge, and the leader of the gronn, Gruul, impaled the wyrms he fought on the stone spires of the mountains.
Today Gruul the Dragonkiller is worshipped as a deity by the ogres of Blade's Edge Mountains. His powerful sons ravage both the spires of their home and the plains of Nagrand. Gruul's unparalleled strength and experience in battle would pose a serious threat if he ever chose to attack Horde or Alliance forces in Outland.
- The first encounter in Gruul's lair is one Lair Brute that patrols up and down a long cavern. After him are two other randomly spawned mobs, either Brutes or Gronn-Priest. The patrol can be pulled single, but the duo beyond must be done together. The first mob will call for help, but tanked next to the portal he will be too far to be heard by the next two mobs.
- If only one of the pair of two mobs is killed, they will both respawn.
- The mobs leading to High King are on a 1 hour timer.
- When High King Maulgar is killed the gate on the far side of him will open and the mobs leading to him will no longer spawn.
- When the gate is opened, there will be several mobs inside. All static packs are randomly Gronn-Priests or Lair Brutes. The two patrolling mobs are always Brutes.
- First pull is a double pull.
- Second pull is a single pull that patrols from the first double pull to the fire.
- Third pull is a double pull by the fire.
- Fourth pull is a single patrol that leads from Gruul's area to the fire.
- The last pull is a triple pull at the end of cavern that leads to Gruul.
- When Gruul is killed no mobs will spawn inside of his lair.
- Main article: Gruul's Lair loot
There are 6 Unstable Flasks available designed especially for fighting Gruul.