- "Ghostcrawler" redirects here. For the creature of the same name found in the Abyssal Depths, see Ghostcrawler (mob).
|Role||Lead Systems Designer|
|Most recent posts on Battle.net|
|"This is a $%^$$%^ travesty. The game can never have too many crabs."|
- "I like long walks on the beach, drinking gin, and nerfing paladins." — Greg Street 
Greg Street (alias Ghostcrawler) is the Lead Systems Designer for World of Warcraft.
Greg Street about his job: "Systems design specifically is everything that is not level, story, quest or encounter design. My team handles everything from classes to mechanics to items to trade skills to achievements to UI design, and that includes the game balance."
Since signing up with Twitter, Greg takes time everyday to answer questions from other twitter users regarding WoW design.
He participated in the September 11, 2012 World of Warcraft Developer AMA on reddit.
He earned a PhD in Marine Science from the University of Texas at Austin in 1996.
He got his start in game design (his "foot in the door", so to speak) by designing a scenario for Age of Empires that was eventually included in a shipping product.
- His quote about nerfing retribution paladins "TO THE GROUND BABY" has become a popular catchphrase among WoW fans. The name of the achievement is most likely derived from it.
- A 85 rare elite crab named can be found walking the Abandoned Reef in the Abyssal Depths of Vashj'ir. Its Nerfbat ability is an obvious easter egg to Greg Street's job, the nature of which sometimes leads to claims of unfair nerfing.
- ^ Re: No crabs on Tourney Realm seriously? (2009-02-18). Archived from the original on 2010-10-22. Retrieved on 2009-02-18.
- ^ BlizzCon 2010 Class Q&A panel
- ^ a b Linkedin.com. Retrieved on 2011-10-06.
- ^ WoW Forums. Archived from the original on 2010-10-22. Retrieved on 2009-02-08.
- ^ Zarhym 2012-09-11. World of Warcraft Developer AMA. Retrieved on 2012-09-13.
- ^ 8 year old wants to talk to Blizzard (2013-01-08).
- ^ InsideMacGames. Retrieved on 2009-02-09.
- ^ HeavenGames. Retrieved on 2009-02-08.
- ^ ZOMG RET! (2008-10-15). Archived from the original on 2008-10-15. Retrieved on 2011-10-28.
- ^ Pay No Attention to the Man Behind the Server. The Daily Blink. Retrieved on 2011-10-28.