||This article is flagged for a fact check!
- Cross-reference this article's questionable content with an official source such as the World of Warcraft Community Site (EU).
- Please see Wowpedia:Citation for information on how to add citations.
- In addition, check any discussion on the Discussion page.
- Reason: Since it has a Normal version as of 5.3, information might not be accurate.
The Gate of the Setting Sun is a heroic mode-only dungeon in World of Warcraft: Mists of Pandaria. This is the gate of the Serpent's Spine, the great wall that is meant to isolate the Mantid from the rest of Pandaria. The Shado-pan clan was dispatched here to contain the Mantid expansion. To the surprise of the Pandaren, the swarm of the Mantid occurs one hundred years earlier than it is supposed to. The mantid have mustered a enormous army to lay siege to the Gate. If the Gates fall, the mantid will swarm through Pandaria, causing death and destruction. The dungeon is located within the Spine boundary between the Dread Wastes and the Vale of Eternal Blossoms.
For generations, a massive wall called the Serpent's Spine has protected the denizens of Pandaria from periodic assaults by the rampaging, insect-like mantid. This brutal race's cycle of aggression recently began earlier than expected, catching the wall's defenders off guard. As the mightiest mantid warriors charge the battle-worn gates, Pandaria must hold back the most devastating army in the land's recorded history.
The assault upon the gate has already begun. Help everyone as you can. Go clear the bridges within the wall. Fight off Saboteur Kip'tilak to shut off his bomb operation before it's too late! There's a fire that needs clearing farther on the wall, but need to kill Striker Ga'dok to use the cannons to clear it. Get to the other side to pull the signal fire. Suddenly, a massive Kunchong named Raigonn breaks the gates! Commander Ri'mok interferes and has to be killed before killing the big bug! Everyone ready to take out Raigonn by destroying the weak point to even damaging him! After that's done, finish him and achieve victory!
- Patch 5.3.0 (2013-05-21): Now available in Normal difficulty, and accessible to level 89 characters.
- Patch 5.0.4 (2012-08-28): Added.
Gate of the Setting Sun Walkthrough (Bosses, Achievements, Loot, and Quests)