- "Not again!" 
Unlike the other NPC characters in Orgrimmar, Gamon is attackable and many Horde players enjoyed assassinating him when he appeared in the inn. There is no penalty for killing Gamon. Often, Horde players traveling through Orgrimmar or logging in from the inn would hear the sounds of a bar fight followed by a tauren death groan.
Although it was probably an unintentional design quirk on Blizzard's part, the player-driven murders of Gamon contributed to the atmosphere of Orgrimmar as being a rough place. Gamon is a famous mob because his deaths were once so frequent and public, as players often tried to drag him out of the inn to kill him in front of the Auction House, where everyone could watch. This may be the case even more so in Cataclysm due to his status as an elite. Observing players frequently respond to Gamon's death by targeting him and spamming emotes such as /cry, /mourn, /spit, /laugh, and /dance.
Gamon was susceptible to mind control. Priests enjoyed sending him out of the inn to run and jump around Orgrimmar's citizens. Gamon had a unique ability called Pride Breaker which could be used on other players and NPCs that did no damage, but would punt them about 5 yards. This would also dismount a mounted player. Since patch 3.1.0, this ability has been removed.
Gamon has been treated by Horde players much the same way as Hogger has by Alliance players. Players have kited Gamon to remote locations such as Thunder Bluff, Onyxia's Lair, and even Silithus. In addition, when he was still level 12, some level 1 players formed raids to attack Gamon as if he were a boss. Since patch 4.0.3a, players often form raid groups to kill Gamon, who was made into a level 85 elite as of the patch. Players also enjoy linking epic/legendary items in chat, jokingly claiming that the items are epic/legendary drops from Gamon. He does, however, drop typical level 12 loot.
The subject of this section has been removed from World of Warcraft.
could be pickpocketed for the quest 
- Gamon's unfortunate fate came from the fact that he was involved in a Horde rogue class questline, in which rogues had to pickpocket him to receive a key. Any mob that a player can pickpocket must also be attackable. While this placed Gamon in the difficult situation of being constantly killed, it also made the quest very difficult to complete since players might not have had a good chance of actually finding Gamon alive, especially on high population servers during peak hours. For Horde rogues, this could be one of the most frustrating quests in the game.
- Gamon's re-spawn timer was 5 minutes after he was killed, so rogues could attempt to camp him. However, any high-level player could simply one-shot Gamon, so you had to be very quick on your feet. It was best to announce as often as possible, even risking spamming, in General Chat that you needed Gamon for your quest, from the moment you picked it up until you managed to pickpocket him, and hope other players would be merciful. This did not always work; some players either didn't pay attention or simply didn't care, while others spawned in the Orgrimmar inn and killed Gamon immediately out of habit without seeing the message.
Wrath of the Lich King
This section concerns content exclusive to Wrath of the Lich King.
Gamon is also involved in the end of the death knight introduction chain —  — in which he promises to protect the citizens of Orgrimmar from the encroaching death knight. While all other NPCs will appear unfriendly to the death knight, Gamon is actively hostile and will chase after any death knight that comes too close, loudly yelling that he will save Orgrimmar. Before, when Gamon was level 12, the Death Knight could easily avoid him. Now that he is level 85, he is able to charge and oneshot the Death Knight.
In addition, during the Battle for the Undercity , players were sent back to a different (phased) Orgrimmar under martial law to talk to Thrall. Gamon could be found, among other loyal Horde citizens, gathering in front of the bank.
- Patch 5.3.0 (2013-05-21): Updated to level 90 and facing several Kor'kron orcs.
- Hotfix (2010-11-30): Gamon is now immune to all forms of crowd control, uses the abilities Charge and Battle Shout, and wrecks adversaries with his new two-handed axe.
- Patch 4.0.3a (2010-11-23): He is tired of being killed over and over again. He is now located in the new Orgrimmar inn and is a level 85 Elite.
- Patch 3.1.0 (2009-04-14): The ability Pride Breaker is no longer accessible when mind controlled.