- "Wearing heavy plate is taxing enough without having to lug around another eighty pounds of ice." —Warrax
- Patch 5.0.4 (2012-08-28): Now a Frost specialization ability. Movement speed reduction increased from 40% to 50%, and duration increased from 9 to 15 sec. Now also causes the target to take an additional 8% damage from Frostbolt and Ice Lance, and Water Elemental's Waterbolt, stacking up to 3 times.
- Patch 4.1.0 (2011-04-26): Damage has been increased by 10%.
- Patch 3.3.3 (2010-03-23): Spell power scaling on this spell has been increased by approximately 5%.
- Patch 2.1.0 (2007-05-22): Damage on rank 12 was increased slightly to ensure it did more damage than rank 11 at all levels.
- Patch 1.6.0 (2005-07-12): Targets that are immune to movement slowing effects will no longer be affected by Frostbolt's movement slowing effect. Damage will still be caused.