Flash Heal is a priest's fast single-target healing spell. It sacrifices mana efficiency in order to land a heal faster on someone who might not live to receive a spell with a longer cast time. The stated design intent for Flash Heal is as a quick but expensive stabilization heal, as opposed to the slower but more potent [Greater Heal] and the slower but far cheaper [Heal].
- Flash Heal excels in situations where speed, not mana efficiency, is the prime concern. Conversely, due to its poor mana efficiency, it is best used only in these situations. Wherever possible, more efficient options such as [Greater Heal] or [Heal] are preferable.
- Spamming Flash Heal makes for extremely potent healing, but drains mana at an alarming rate.
- The spell has a higher single target throughput than [Binding Heal], but if you are hurt, it is generally a good idea to use Binding Heal instead of Flash Heal.
- The talent [From Darkness, Comes Light] yields a ton of free Flash Heals.
- Discipline priests can build and maintain [Grace] stacks through Flash Heal, though [Penance] is far preferred to Flash Heal for this task.
- Discipline priests can use [Inner Focus] to increase the potency of the next Flash Heal.
- Discipline priests can use Flash Heal to proc [Strength of Soul], to reduce the duration of Weakened Soul debuffs on the target.
- Holy priests can use Flash Heal to build [Serendipity] stacks, allowing the speedup of future Greater Heal or Prayer of Healing. Abusing this passive ability is far more efficient than simply spamming Flash Heal alone.
- Holy Priests in the [Chakra: Serenity] stance gain +15% throughput on Flash Heal.
Patches and hotfixes
- Patch 5.2.0 (2013-03-05): Amount of healing done reduced by 20%. However, the re-introduction of [Spiritual Healing] means that for Discipline and Holy priests, there is no decrease to the amount of healing done.
- Hotfix (2012-10-01): "Flash Heal will now consume both Surge of Light and Inner Focus when both buffs are active."
- Patch 4.0.3a (2010-11-23): Thoughput increased by another 20%
- Patch 4.0.1 (2010-10-12): Now learned at level 3, thoughput massively increased