- Ferocious Bite
- Level 6 druid ability
- Melee range
- 25 Energy
- Instant cast
- Requires Cat Form
- Finishing move that causes damage per combo point and consumes up to 25 additional Energy to increase damage by up to 100%.
When used on targets below 25% health, Ferocious Bite will also refresh the duration of your Rip on your target.
Critical strike chance increased by 25% against bleeding targets.
1 point : (X + Y*1 + 0.196*AP)-(X*2 + Y*1 + 0.196*AP) damage
2 points: (X + Y*2 + 0.392*AP)-(X*2 + Y*2 + 0.392*AP) damage
3 points: (X + Y*3 + 0.588*AP)-(X*2 + Y*3 + 0.588*AP) damage
4 points: (X + Y*4 + 0.784*AP)-(X*2 + Y*4 + 0.784*AP) damage
5 points: (X + Y*5 + 0.98*AP)-(X*2 + Y*5 + 0.98*AP) damage
|| [Glyph of Ferocious Bite]
Ferocious Bite is the classic [Cat Form] druid finishing move that causes damage per combo point and consumes up to 25 additional energy to increase damage by up to 100%, so with 5 additional energy it would do a seventh more damage.
Ferocious Bite is available at level 6.
- Damage is increased by attack power.
- Using this ability when [Omen of Clarity] procs will negate the base 25 energy cost. However up to 25 energy (if available) will still be spent on the ability's additional effect.
- [Rip] or [Rake] may produce more damage under most conditions, including high armor on the target.
- In PvE, this is thus only advisable once you already have a [Rip] or [Rake], and a [Savage Roar] up.
- Patch 5.0.4 (2012-08-28): Now consumes 25 Energy for additional damage, down from 35. No longer heals when used. Will now also refresh Rip if the target has less than 25% health, and has an additional 25% chance to critically strike against bleeding target.
- Patch 4.2.0 (2011-06-28): Damage has been increased by 15%. In addition, its base cost has been reduced to 25 energy and it can use up to 25 energy, for up to a 100% damage increase.
- Patch 4.0.1 (2010-10-12): Ability reworked to increase damage done per combo point by a percentage instead of by a static amount.
- Patch 3.0.9 (2009-02-10): This ability now only uses up to 30 energy in addition to its base cost.
- Patch 1.12.0 (2006-08-22): Book of Ferocious Bite (Rank 5) now drops off The Beast in Blackrock Spire. In addition, Ferocious Bite now increases in potency with greater attack power.
- Patch 1.7.0 (2005-09-22): Damage per combo point has been increased. In addition, extra energy now converts to damage at a higher rate.
- Patch 1.3.0 (2005-03-07): Added.