Feng the Accursed
|This article or section is an NPC stub. You can help expand it by editing it.
Feng the Accursed
|Title||<Keeper of Champion Spirits>|
Feng the Accursed is the second boss in Mogu'shan Vaults.
Long ago, Feng Shri was the Mogu'shan Vaults' caretaker, tasked with preserving the treasures kept within these shadowy halls. After years of faithful service, he was caught stealing from the shelves, although some say he was framed by a jealous underling and the mogu ruler punished him with a fatal curse. The doomed spirit of Feng Shri has wandered the vaults ever since, communing with the shades of past mogu heroes and warlords.
Spells and Abilities
Feng enrages after 10 minutes on all difficulties.
- Spirit Bolt — Feng the accursed deals 80,000 Shadow damage to 8 random targets.
- Strength of Spirit — Each time Feng absorbs a mogu champion spirit, his damage is increased by 10%.
- Essence of the Mogu Champions — Around 95%, 66%, and 33% life, Feng will siphon the essence out of the great statues of mogu champions past, gaining their boon. In Heroic difficulty, Feng will siphon from whichever statue is nearest to him.
Spirit of the Staff
- Arcane Velocity — The caster channels a arcane storm, its missiles increasing in velocity and damage as they travel further.
- Arcane Resonance — Feng charges random targets with Arcane Resonance, which deals 10,000 Arcane damage every 1 second for every player standing within 10 yards.
Spirit of the Spear
- Flaming Spear — Feng's fiery spear sears the flesh of an enemy target, inflicting 40,000 Fire damage every 2 sec for 20 sec.
- Wildfire Spark — Ignites an enemy, causing it to explode after 5 seconds, igniting a wildfire at their location.
- Draw Flame — Absorbing Wildfire charges Feng's weapon, causing melee swings to deal 30,000 additional Fire damage to all enemies.
Spirit of the Fist
- Lightning Lash — Lightning infused fists zap an enemy target, inflicting normal damage plus 29250 to 30750 Nature damage every 2 sec for 20 sec.
- Lightning Fists — Feng slams a lightning-charged fist into the ground, causing a shockwave to pulse in front of him, dealing 250,000 Nature damage and stunning those caught in its path.
- Epicenter — Feng channels a violent earthquake, dealing more damage towards the epicenter of the quake, and reducing enemies chance to hit by 75%.
Spirit of the Shield
- Siphoning Shield — Feng's cursed shield draws the soul of enemies to it, healing him for 2% of his life per soul that is absorbed.
- Siphoning Shield — Feng's cursed shield draws the soul of enemies to it, healing him for 5% of his life per soul that is absorbed.
- Chains of Shadow — Feng strikes an enemy with a Chain of Shadow that arcs to another nearby enemy. The spell affects up to 8 targets, inflicting diminishing Shadow damage to each successive target.
- Stolen Essences of Stone — The heroic willpower of tank-specced players allows them access to the leftover essence shards from the awakened statues.
- Nullification Barrier — Friendly units standing inside the Nullification Barrier will have all harmful magical effects nullified.
- Shroud of Reversal — Shrouds a friendly target with an aura of magic reversal, allowing the caster to mimic any hamful ability their target takes.
The fight has 3 phases: lightning, fire, and arcane.
Early in the fight two large purple gems will appear on the south side of the arena. These gems are for the tanks. The west gem grants Shroud of Reversal and the east gem grants Nullification Barrier. These abilities will appear as the ExtraActionButton1.
Phase 1: Spirit of the Fist
A few seconds after the pull Feng will go to the first statue and gain two abilities: Lightning Fists and Epicenter. The tank with Nullification Barrier should pick up the boss. The tank with Reversal should target the other tank and channel Reversal right before Feng casts Lightning Fists upon the Nullification tank, which the Nullification tank should not avoid (Note: if you indiscriminately channel Reversal you could steal the Lightning Lash ability instead. This is a common pitfall for inexperienced raiders. Use the dungeon journal to learn the two icons so you can detect when you have made this mistake.) Once the Reversal tank has stolen Feng's special ability the ExtraActionButton1 will convert into that ability for several seconds. At this point the Reversal tank should taunt the boss and wait for the boss to cast Epicenter. During the cast (but before the channel begins) the Reversal tank should activate ExtraActionButton1 to inflict Lightning Fists upon Feng and prevent Epicenter from beginning. Should this fail (either because he never stole Lightning Fists, or he stole Lightning Lash) then the Nullification Barrier tank should stack with the raid and use Nullification Barrier to protect them from some of the Epicenter damage.
After the Nullification Barrier tank drops his Lightning Lash stacks he should taunt Feng and the Reversal tank should try to steal another Lightning Fists and repeat the cycle.
The tank swap is useful because Feng stacks a debuff on the tanks.
Beginning tanks want to make the following macro and put it where they normally keep their interrupts. Use it whenever you notice Feng casting Lightning Fist and then go back to DPSing without moving (moving interrupts the Reversal channel). It can be the difference between success and failure.
/target nameOfMainTank /click ExtraActionButton1 /targetlasttarget
Phase 2: Spirit of the Spear
Feng will go to the second statue and start using the Flaming Spear, Wildfire Spark, and Draw Flame abilities.
The Reversal tank can use his ability to steal Flaming Spear and use it against the boss for extra damage.
DPS and healers will be targeted for Wildfire Spark. When you receive this, get clear of other players because you are about to spawn a bunch of fire. Try to spawn the fire in a designated location. When Feng casts Draw Flame all that fire will move toward him, baking anyone in its path (perhaps fatally).
Draw Flame is also an occasion for the Nullification Barrier tank to use his ability to prevent Feng from absorbing all of the fire. The cooldown on Nullification Barrier means you can't nullify every Draw Flame. If you can time it so that you nullify the last Draw Flame before phase 3, it will make Phase 3 a little less desperate.
The flame that Feng does absorb gives him charges that empower his attacks with raid-wide fire damage, with each attack consuming a charge.
Phase 3: Spirit of the Staff
Victims of Arcane Resonance should stand clear of other players. The rest of the raid should try to take advantage of Arcane Velocity to increase their DPS.The healers should expect a lot of raid damage in this phase. As the damage will be high and raid movement is of little importance,/ / should be used is this phase to finish him as quick as possible.
Our guild pulled Feng to the center of the room immediately at the start of phase three, with the tanks in the middle, and the DPS and healers spread evenly around the circle on the floor. There are eight convenient scrollwork/designs around the circle that can be used as markers for where to stand, and we assigned players to those spots specifically so no one would occupy the same spot. The DPS and healers then moved into the middle at the start of Arcane Velocity for AoE healing. Two seconds before the end of Arcane Velocity, the DPS and healers moved back to their marked locations around the circle. This tended to keep the players who received Arcane Resonance away from others (a must); and any player who had it would not move into the middle if Arcane Velocity happened to go off while Arcane Resonance was still ticking for damage (which happened to me once). Eyrtha (talk) 12:48, 30 October 2012 (UTC)
On LFR difficulty, the Nullification Sphere's cooldown is short enough to be used on every Epicenter, Draw Flame, and Arcane Velocity. Take advantage of this to reduce raid damage. Mechanics are otherwise unchanged.
The only major changes in heroic are:
- An entire new phase Spirit of the Shield.
- Feng's phases no longer have a predetermined order like normal mode and the next phase he enters will be associated with his closest statue.Additionally,he enters a phase at 100%, 75%, 50%, and 25% health.
- Each time Feng absorbs a statue and enter a phase,he gaings a stack of Strenght of the spirit.Each stack increase his damage dealt by 5% for the remainder of the encounter.
The heroic mode of Feng is the same as normal mode,dealing with each phase properly as well as the new heroic phase.Also,in Heroic mode, your raid can choose the order of the phases. Simply pull Feng close to the statue that you wish him to siphon, and when he reaches the next transition percentage, he will siphon that statue and enter the respective phase.To guarantee that Feng enters the appropriate phase at the start of the fight, the tanks should pull him while standing next to the respective statue.This provides nothing new to overcome except for the new phase:
- Spirit of the Shield:
Shadowburn is a stacking debuff that Feng applies to the tank,inflicting Shadow damage. Your tanks must take turn to allow the debuff to drop.
Chains of Shadow is an ability that Feng spams with relatively high frequency. It deals damage to a random player, and then jumps to other nearby targets, dealing damage to them as well. The damage to each successive target is lower than the damage to the one before. In 10-man, Chains of Shadow affects 3 targets, while in 25-man it affects 8.Your raid should be stacked up near Feng. Although this cause Chains of Shadow to deal its full damage, and it can be the source of possible deaths to your raid members,its the optimal positioning during this phase.
Finally,Feng throws his shield at a nearby location, which causes a number of Soul Fragments (5 in 10-man and 10 in 25-man) to spawn on the location of random raid members.They have no agro table and they move towards the shield and each fragment will heal 5% of Feng's Hp if they reach the shield.Your raid should aoe them down quick.Also,The fragments can be rooted,snared,stunned and knocked back.
The recommended order for the Phases on heroic are: Spirit of the Staff -Spirit of the Fist -Spirit of the Shield -Spirit of the Spear.
As the staff Phase is the most dangerous,its recommended to do it first because of the stacking debuff Strength of the Spirit. The Fist Phase is the easiest as long as tanks can mimic and use lightning fists on Epicenter. The shield and spear phases are not difficult to deal with but the stacks of Strength of the Spirit will make this phases Healing Intensive and your healers must have cooldowns ready for it.
- Feng the Accursed (LFR) (1080p) - Fury Warrior
- Feng the Accursed 25 Heroic (1080p) - Mage, Boss Voice, Vent
- Lorewalker Cho says: So the stories were true...
- Lorewalker Cho says: We have disturbed what should not have been disturbed. He cannot be free to escape this prison! You must destroy him!
- Feng the Accursed yells: Ah, yes...
- Tender your souls, mortals. These are the halls of the dead!
- Spirit of the Fist
- Oh, Great Spirit! Grant me the power of the earth!
- Spirit of the Spear
- Oh, Exalted One! Through me you shall melt flesh from bone!
- Spirit of the Staff
- Oh, Sage of the Ages! Instill to me your arcane wisdom!
- Spirit of the Shield
- Great Soul of champions past, bear to me your shield!
- Killing a player
- They crumble so easily.
- Ripe for the picking.
- Feng the Accursed yells: If they only knew... what horrors await...
- Lorewalker Cho says: Feng the Accursed was betrayed by four emperors of the mogu, his body destroyed each time, only to rise again.
- Lorewalker Cho says: This is not the last we have seen of Feng...
- Several Zandalari trolls burst through the doors on the other side of the room.
- Lorewalker Cho says: The Zandalari, ancient allies of the mogu! They must seek the legendary weapon within the depths of the Vaults!
- Lorewalker Cho says: I am sorry I did not tell you earlier! These vaults house a weapon of unimaginable power! Stop them!
- Lorewalker Cho says: I will stay behind and investigate this dais further...
Patches and hotfixes
- Hotfix (2013-03-19): "Increased the time before the gate to closes while engaging Feng the Accursed to 8 seconds, up from 3 seconds."
- Patch 5.0.4 (2012-08-28): Added.
He's voiced by Patrick Seitz.