|Cooldown||1 minute, 30 seconds|
- Never be too sure you have a gnome cornered
Escape Artist is a Gnome racial ability that removes any immobilization or movement speed reduction effects. It is based around a Gnome's small size and great agility, allowing one to deftly escape traps and snares made for much larger targets.
- While it will remove all roots and snares, it will not work on any effect that takes away the user's ability to move/act, such as Sleep effects, Fear effects, Incapacitate effects, Stun effects or .
- It does not protect you from future debuffs, and must be recast to remove any further roots and snares.
- Escape Artist cannot be resisted. It will wipe snares and roots 100% of the time.
- Does not remove the Dazed effect caused by mobs, however it will remove the Dazed effect caused by players.
Tips and tactics
- The best application for this is removing Boss debuffs that include a snare (or root). If a debuff has "Slows movement speed AND does 65 damage ever 1 second", it will remove both the slow speed AND the damage over time spell from you, in one sweep. This will work as long as the spell includes a root or snare, ie roots you in place, or slows your movement speed.
- PvP examples:
- Patch 4.3.0 (2011-11-29): Now has a spell animation associated with its effect.
- Patch 4.0.6 (2011-02-08): Now has a 1.5-minute cooldown, down from 1.75. In addition, it is now possible to use and waste this ability when not snared or rooted. This is consistent with other dispels.
- Patch 1.7.0 (2005-09-22): Escape Artist works with Frost Nova and Frost Trap again.