|Title||<The Duke of Below>|
|Race||Faceless general (Aberration)|
|Location||Lifebinder's Cell, Grim Batol|
Erudax, the Duke of Below is the fourth and final boss of Grim Batol.
Deathwing has dispatched one of his greatest lieutenants to discover the secret that several mighty red dragons have died to protect. From the cavernous realm of Deepholm, this faceless general will bring to bear the next generation of draconic power to obliterate those foolish enough to challenge him.
- Binding Shadows — The Binding Shadows drains 5000 (8000 on heroic) life every 1 sec and root player within 8 yards of the target for 6 sec.
- Enfeebling Blow — The Enfeebling Blow inflicts 75% weapon damage as Shadow damage, knocking the target back and cause their mind to become feeble.
- Feeble Body — Increase damage taken by 100% (200% on heroic) for 3 sec.
- Shadow Gale — Channels a Gale of Shadows inflicting increasing Shadow damage over time to enemies that are not in the eye of the Shadow Gale
- Summon Faceless Corruptor — Summons a Faceless Corruptor
Erudax periodically casts Binding Shadows at random party members; it is a projectile-based AoE attack that should be avoided if possible; the debuff it leaves behind roots and damages players, as well as healing the boss. Enfeebling Blow will knock back the tank and place a +damage taken debuff; the tank should avoid re-engaging Erunax until the debuff has faded.
Eventually, Erudax will announce a Shadow Gale (The shadow's hunger cannot be sated!), spawning a dark swirl somewhere within his room. Party members must move to the center of the swirl to avoid Shadow Gale's AoE damage. After Shadow Gale, a Faceless Corruptor (two on Heroic difficulty) will appear at the doorway. The Corruptors cannot be stunned, but should be snared and killed before they manage to hatch any eggs. Should they finish casting Twilight Corruption, two Twilight Hatchling adds will appear and do random party damage through out the remainder of the fight; if the corruptors are not killed immediately after that, they will also heal Erudax for 20/40% of his health. This can and should be interrupted.
It is imperative that the Corruptor adds die before hatching any eggs. Consider explicitly assigning DPS to specific adds to ensure that both are snared and killed within the desired time frame. Root effects do not work, but slow effects do. Crippling poison, slow, frostbolt, frost trap, and chains of ice all are effective.
- The darkest days are still ahead!
- Summoning Faceless Guardian
- Come, suffering... Enter, chaos!
- Shadow Gale
- F'lakh ghet! The shadow's hunger cannot be sated!
- Killing a player
- Flesh for the offering!
- Erudax cackles maniacally.
- Ywaq maq oou; ywaq maq ssaggh. Yawq ma shg'fhn.
"They do not die; they do not live. They are outside the cycle." This is untranslated in game, but the same text Herald Volazj says. Mindbender Ghur'sha also utters an abridged version of this line on death.
|Caster cloth helm|
|Agility leather chest|
|Tank one-hand mace|
|Spirit plate bracers|
|Strength two-hand mace|
- Patch 4.0.3a (2010-11-23): Added.