Energy is the primary resource used by rogues, druids in and Brewmaster and Windwalker monks. Energy regenerates at a fixed rate of 1 energy every decisecond (ie every one tenth of a second), in and out of combat, and is capped at 100. This makes energy a very fast-regenerating and fast-depletable resource.
Pool size and regeneration rate
|This article or section contains information that is out-of-date.
The size of the energy pool and the regeneration rate are both constant - they do not increase with levels, and are not related to any statistics. However, there are various ways to improve these.
- can be made by rogue cooks and provides 100 energy instantly on a five minute cooldown. At level 70, gives 40 energy; at level 80, it restores 20 energy.
- and are both quest rewards that restore energy when used.
Talents and glyphs
- is awarded when choosing assassination as you specialization and increases the energy pool by 20.
- The talent increases your energy regeneration by 30% while stealthed and for 20 seconds after breaking it.
- The talent gives you 25 energy when activated.
- The talent gives you 15 energy when backstabbing a target below 35% health.
- The talent has a 30% chance to restore 10 energy when using or on a poisoned target. You also regain more energy if the target dies while Rupture is still on the target.
- Vitality is awarded when choosing combat as you specialization and increases the energy regeneration rate by 25%.
- The talent gives your off-hand attacks and attacks a 20% to regenerate 5 energy.
- The talent increases your energy regeneration rate by 100% for 15 seconds.
- 'reduces' energy regeneration by 30% when active.
- The talent reduces the energy cost of by 6.
- The talent gives your finishing moves a 20% chance per combo point to restore 25 energy.
- The talent empowers your ability to also periodically restore 12 energy.
- The talent reduces the energy cost of and by 20, and and by 6.
- The passive grants a chance to reduce the energy cost of the next ability by 100%.
- Feral Combat
- The talent allows you to keep up to 100 of your Energy when you shapeshift into .
- The talent grants 60 energy when activating ability.
- The talent makes your next cost 100& less energy for 10 sec after you use Feral Charge (Cat).
- The talent makes and increase your current and maximum Energy by 20 during their durations.
- The talent reduces energy cost of cat abilities by 50% when activated.
- On Use: Instantly increases your energy by 60 (reduced by 2 every level after level 60).
- Nightslayer Armor 5 set bonus: Increases your maximum energy by 10.
- Bonescythe Armor 4 set bonus: Your Backstab, Sinister Strike, and Hemorrhage critical hits cause you to regain 5 energy.
- Madcap's Outfit 5 set bonus: Reduces energy cost of your Eviscerate and Rupture Abilities by 5.
- Assassination Armor 4 set bonus: Reduces the energy cost of Eviscerate and Envenom by 10.
- Gladiator's Vestments 4 set bonus: Increases your maximum energy by 10. (Any combination of Season 1, 2, 3, and/or 4 will give the bonus.)
- Malorne Harness 2 set bonus: Your melee attacks in Cat Form have a chance to generate 20 additional energy.
- Thunderheart Harness 2 set bonus: Reduces the energy cost of your Mangle ability in Cat Form by 5.
- Patch 3.0.2 (2008-10-14): Energy no longer uses the "tick" system and instead regenerates in real time. Regeneration went from 20 energy per tick to 1 energy per decisecond.