- Level 10 Balance druid ability
- Your Wrath now generates Lunar Energy and your Starfire now generates Solar Energy.
When you reach 100 Solar Energy you will trigger a Solar Eclipse, increasing all Nature damage by 15%.
When you reach 100 Lunar Energy you will trigger a Lunar Eclipse, increasing all Arcane damage by 15%, transforming your Hurricane spell into Astral Storm.
When triggered, both Lunar and Solar Eclipse grant 15% spell haste for 15 sec and energize you for 35% of your maximum mana.
Druid entering Solar Eclipse.
Eclipse is available to all druids who have specced into Balance, and is active while the druid is in caster or Moonkin forms. The druid gains an Eclipse Bar showing his current amount of Lunar or Solar energy; a pointer on the bar indicates which type of energy the druid is currently able to gain. When the bar reaches 100 energy, it will trigger an Eclipse effect, and switch the type of energy the druid is able to gain; Solar and Lunar Eclipses will thus always alternate. The Eclipse effect increases damage done by Nature/Arcane spells; the bonus is increased by the Balance druid mastery, [Total Eclipse].
The usual rotation is to cast [Starsurge] whenever it is off cooldown, and to cast whichever of [Wrath] or [Starfire] that will grant you energy.
Lunar Eclipse becomes active when the druid reaches 100 Lunar Energy. Lunar Energy is generated by casting [Wrath] (15 points per cast) or [Starsurge] (20 points per cast).
Lunar Eclipse benefits all druid abilities that deal Arcane damage:
Solar Eclipse becomes active when the druid reaches 100 Solar Energy. Solar Energy is generated by casting [Starfire] (20 points per cast) or [Starsurge] (20 points per cast).
Solar Eclipse benefits all druid abilities that deal Nature damage:
Tips and tactics
- [Euphoria] causes your Wrath, Starfire, and Starsuge to generate double energy.
- [Total Eclipse] increases the damage bonus provided by Solar and Lunar Eclipse effects.
Patches and hotfixes
- Hotfix (2012-10-01): "Starsurge casts that trigger an Eclipse now deal the correct amount of damage."
- Patch 5.0.4 (2012-08-28): Redesigned.
- Patch 4.0.1a (2010-10-26): The pointer on the Eclipse Bar indicates where it goes to after the next Starsurge.
- Patch 4.0.1 (2010-10-12): An Eclipse Bar has now been added and the mechanic has been reworked.
- Patch 3.3.3 (2010-03-23): (Undocumented changes) The two buffs granted by the Eclipse talent are now named more clearly. [Wrath] procs Eclipse (Lunar) and [Starfire] procs Eclipse (Solar). Previously, they were both named just "Eclipse".
- Patch 3.3.0 (2009-12-08): This effect will not activate again within 15 seconds of either type of Eclipse effect firing, in addition to the existing 30-second cooldown for each type of Eclipse. In addition, Eclipse now grants a 40% critical strike chance to Starfire and 40% increased damage to Wrath, up from 30%.
- Patch 3.2.0 (2009-08-04): The Starfire and Wrath buffs from this talent are now on separate 30 second. cooldowns. In addition, it is not possible to have both buffs active simultaneously.
- Patch 3.1.0 (2009-04-14): The benefit to Wrath triggered by casting Starfire has been increased to 30% bonus damage.
- Patch 3.0.3 (2008-11-04): Buff duration extended to 15 sec and bonuses doubled. The cooldown has been increased to 40 seconds.
- Patch 3.0.2 (2008-10-14): Added.