- Concussion beats concentration.
- Earth Shock (most of the time) is the second best Shock spell (in damage per mana ratio and efficiency) in the Shaman player's arsenal.
- It is only efficient to Earth Shock when you have the 7 charges for granted by .
- Prior to patch 2.0.3, Earth Shock generated threat equal to twice its damage. The bonus threat was removed from Earth Shock, while gained bonus threat.
- Patch 5.0.4 (2012-08-28): No longer reduces melee and ranged attack speed of the target, now applies the Weakened Blows effect.
- Patch 4.0.1 (2010-10-12): Attack speed reduction of the target increased to 20 %.
- Patch 3.2.0 (2009-08-04): Redesigned. This spell no longer interrupts spell casting, but rather reduces melee attack speed by 10% for 8 seconds (exclusive with similar effects such as ).
- Patch 1.4.0 (2005-05-05): The visual for ranks two through seven has been changed to be consistent with rank one.