- The truest agony goes deeper than mere flesh and bone.
Drain Soul is a channeled Affliction warlock spell that steals the soul from the enemy, dealing damage that is doubled if the target is at or below 20% health.
It is learned at level 19.
- Glyph of Soul Consumption
- Major Glyph
- Use: Permanently teaches you this glyph.
Drain Soul restores 20% of your total health after you kill a target that yields experience or honor. You store 20% of your total health after you kill a target in Demon Form that yields experience or honor. You store 20% of your total health after you kill a target with Chaos Bolt or Shadowburn that yields experience or honor.
- Classes: Warlock
- Requires Level 25
- Sell Price: 1
Tips and tactics
- Drain Soul cannot be reflected.
- Every second tick of Drain Soul replenishes one Soul Shard. Channeling Drain Soul while a mob dies replenishes all Soul Shards. The mob must be "green level" or higher.
- Patch 5.0.4 (2012-08-28): Now an Affliction specialization ability. Duration reduced from 15 to 12 sec, and causes double damage below 20% health instead of 25%. Now also causes all other periodic Affliction damage effects to instantly deal 100% of their normal periodic damage when the target is below 20% health.
- Patch 4.0.3a (2010-11-23): Damage has been reduced by approximately 12%.
- Patch 4.0.1 (2010-10-12): This spell now refreshes 3 soul shards.
- Patch 3.3.0 (2009-12-08): This spell now deals 4 times the normal damage for all ranks. Previously it was only ranks 6 and above.
- Patch 3.1.0 (2009-04-14): Each time Drain Soul deals damage to a target which can grant experience, it now has a chance to generate a .
- Patch 3.0.2 (2008-10-14): Will now cause four times the damage if the target is at or below 25% health.
- Patch 1.5.0 (2005-06-07): Honorable kills will now generate a Soul Shard when Drain Soul is used.